Help about Cursor ID?

Fab

yes, but i cant get the ID in game , cuz AutoIt Info dont understand the cursor in game . it return the value alway 0.

Sounds like you need to read up on cursors a bit. Check out the GetCursor function and you'll understand what the NULL value AutoIt is returning means.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

its just means they are overlaying a graphic on top of the regular pointer cursor, so what your going to have to do is either some how view the cursor theres a way just forget how :whistle: and then pixelsearch it and go about it that way and or if your skilled enough in ASM find out where its hooking the pictures to overlay onto the mouse and such

• 4 months later...

Can anyone has a script file about to get Cursor ID in the Game ?? The cursor ID in AutoIt Info is only for global windows. But when i run any game , the cursor ID is changed and alway at 0 :lmao:

So. Thx for Help

:whistle::P

:D I just made this for anyone else who might be trying to do that...

http://www.geocities.com/subnetjet/CursorTool.zip

It's a DLL that you can use to get a unique ID for the current custom cursor such as those used in games, perfect for what you are trying to do no doubt :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I KNOW THAT THIS IS AN OLD POST!!!

Just wanted to point out that the instructions in the readme have an error...

Here's a sample of it's usage in an Auto-it script:

$returnArray = DllCall("CursorTool.dll", "int", "GetCursorId")

$cursorId = return[0]

Should read...

Here's a sample of it's usage in an Auto-it script:

$returnArray = DllCall("CursorTool.dll", "int", "GetCursorId")

$cursorId = $returnArray[0]

In order to function properly... also... I found the post referred to in the read me very helpful...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...rt=#entry131853

EDIT BELOW ++++++

Also this works partially for me, unfortunately the cursors for the game I am trying to use the function on are in B&W I think this is affecting the checksum... the number generated by this function call is the same on the cursors I am trying to distinguish. It does distinguish from several of the in game cursors... but not these 3, which are the ones I am looking to work with. I am getting pretty handy with Auto IT, but I am totally out of my league when it comes to the c++ code (I think) that the dll is written in. Can anyone help me get a bigger checksum, or something? So that the three icons could be distinguished? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cursors.zip

Edited by RoBoMon