Detecting a pop up in a java based program; possible?

Yokho

Hi, ive been playing with Autoit for a while now, and ive been wondering if its possible to detect a pop up in a java based program. I usually use the mouse commands to go through it, but at some points the program can freeze and give me a pop up error, and id like to automatically reboot it by detecting the mentionned pop up error. Is it possible? If not directly, is there a way to make it work indirectly?

Thank you for your time and advices, god i hate java x.x

Hi, ive been playing with Autoit for a while now, and ive been wondering if its possible to detect a pop up in a java based program. I usually use the mouse commands to go through it, but at some points the program can freeze and give me a pop up error, and id like to automatically reboot it by detecting the mentionned pop up error. Is it possible? If not directly, is there a way to make it work indirectly?

Thank you for your time and advices, god i hate java x.x

Well, we'll need a little more info on the particular popup to answer your queston, does it open up in a second window? it there a drastic color change when this popup appears?

Look into:

WinWaitActive()

WinExists()

PixelGetColor()

PixelCheckSum()

And maybe even PixelSearch()

Well, we'll need a little more info on the particular popup to answer your queston, does it open up in a second window? it there a drastic color change when this popup appears?

Look into:

WinWaitActive()

WinExists()

PixelGetColor()

PixelCheckSum()

And maybe even PixelSearch()

Well, the pop up is in the java application, so somehow the winexist doesn't work. Here's a part of the script:

If  WinExists("Status","Record not found") Then
            MsgBox (0, "test", "debug")

In that part, the winexist doesn't work, it simply doesn't see the pop up at all, and i figured it was because it was that oh crappy java application....

The program has always the same color setup, so i can't really detect anything based on a color change, unless i can spot letters that way and see whats written on the pop up.

what does the info tool say when you use it?

Autoit or the java tool? If you mean auto it, it simply ignores that If winexists line, and if you mean the java tool, what it says is in my script in the appropriate place in the winexist fonction, thats why i think autoit cant see anything part of the java tool; it sees the tool itself, but its as if any pop up that came from it is part of it, i cant seem to be able to make autoit see the pop up as a seperate window. Hope that helps =/

No, the window information tool that ships with AutoIt. Does it detect the window with its own name? If not, then you'll have to PixelCheckSum() a section of the window that's markedly different from the rest of everything else.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache