How to Send Keys to an INACTIVE window wothout controlID

tannerli

Hi

I want to create a programm that send keystrokes to an Inactive window, but I cant use Control Send because I can't even get the ControlID with AutoIt window info....

but i also cant switch the focus on to the window, do you know any workaround to send something to a window?

(I want to navigate manually with Alt+Letter and TAB)

Im thankful for every hint

Start>Programs>AutoIt v3>AutoIt Window Info

very useful tool to get infos about a window, but the menu at the top of the window hasn't a CotrolID...

Normally i can work with Send("!n") but then the window has to be active, and i want to navigate in there while its INactive

Start>Programs>AutoIt v3>AutoIt Window Info

very useful tool to get infos about a window, but the menu at the top of the window hasn't a CotrolID...

Normally i can work with Send("!n") but then the window has to be active, and i want to navigate in there while its INactive

Well, we're getting farther. You're telling us that you want to activate a menu in an inactive window. Is this correct? If so, can you tell us the application that you're working with and the menu that you're trying to activate? You really need to give us some details here. You can work with controls in applications that don't have the focus. That's not the problem. You're not giving me enough information to tell you a solution though.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt