why can't run .exe file on the intranet?

Judy

What's the filename of the executable you're trying to run?

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

Does Running Setup.exe from local directory work?

No. Neither lacal dicrectory nor the intranet works.

I tryied add another line and the pop-up window disappeared. But still doesn't work at all. Error info said neither bad username or the password(I am sure I used the corrcect domain name , username, password)

RunAsSet()

Run($name, $file_path)

Okay. "Setup.exe" is a pretty generic name...

...what is it, if you don't mind me asking? What is your script trying to install?

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

You should specify the entire path to the file in the first parameter, and not in the second.

What happens now is that the file is not found in the script's @WorkingDir, but instead a file

with the same name in the system32-folder is started, which shows a messagebox as seen

on the picture.

Do something like this instead :

RunWait("\\helge\install\setup.exe")