IE or Excel?

burger

I need to retrieve data from this spreadsheet. I can do it by first saving the file and then using Excel functions. Is there any way possible to retrieve data from this spreadsheet without downloading it first?

I would think you would have to download the file first in order to extract data from it. The only other way I can think of would be to have some server side function that you could call that would extract the data for you.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

I need to retrieve data from this spreadsheet. I can do it by first saving the file and then using Excel functions. Is there any way possible to retrieve data from this spreadsheet without downloading it first?

http://www.mlindex.ml.com/GISPublic/bin/GI...dex%20Daily.csv

well, can you extract a string from a local file WITHOUT looking into it??? If your answer is "no", why do you think that should be possible with a file on a web server?

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

well, can you extract a string from a local file WITHOUT looking into it??? If your answer is "no", why do you think that should be possible with a file on a web server?

Cheers

Kurt

Because I have done so with html using IETableWritetoArray. That's why. The file is "open" but I still cannot retrieve data without downloading first. Apparently this is nessesary with CSV files. Edited by burger