Wouter's FTP UDF w/ beta not working

plastix

• Developers

Hi All

I had been using Wouter's FTP UDF without any problems for a while... but as of my last update to 3.2.1.12(I only have beta installed) it doesn't appear to work.

Any solutions for this yet ? TIA

ahh double posting... like I said in the other threa":

Care to share the issue you have or do we need to guess ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Apologies.

I had replied in the FTP thread to confirm that the functions did not appear to work - then posted here as a support question as i noted that the post by Walkabout was actually nearly a month old...

The _FTPOpen command does not set @error, but the _FTPConnect command no longer appears to try to connect (I don't see any activity through the firewall etc) - all the details are correct, and my previously functioning script no longer appears to try to make a connection either. The Function itself is untouched... I guess it is something to do with the DLLCall :whistle:

Any help / guidance appreciated.

• Developers

Apologies.

I had replied in the FTP thread to confirm that the functions did not appear to work - then posted here as a support question as i noted that the post by Walkabout was actually nearly a month old...

The _FTPOpen command does not set @error, but the _FTPConnect command no longer appears to try to connect (I don't see any activity through the firewall etc) - all the details are correct, and my previously functioning script no longer appears to try to make a connection either. The Function itself is untouched... I guess it is something to do with the DLLCall :whistle:

Any help / guidance appreciated.

Just tried W0uters set of UDF's and they work fine for me ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks JdeB. Thats odd... I downloaded clean FTP UDF and example - modified example connection info (username,password,server) and same thing is happening... I get a handle returned with _FTPOpen, but _FTPConnect returns '0' with @error = -1 (again, with no attempt to make an outside connection)

Commandline FTP works ok... running XPSP2

Edited by plastix

w0uter's functions assume wininet.dll is loaded into AutoIt at all times. This was previously the case but is no longer the case. As a result, each function call loads the DLL, use it and then frees it. This breaks any handles the function gives you. The simple solution is to call DllOpen() to make sure the DLL really is loaded at all times. The long-term solution is somebody needs to fix the library so that it actually enforces the invariant that the DLL is always loaded.

• 2 weeks later...

This was previously the case but is no longer the case. As a result, each function call loads the DLL, use it and then frees it. This breaks any handles the function gives you. The simple solution is to call DllOpen() to make sure the DLL really is loaded at all times. The long-term solution is somebody needs to fix the library so that it actually enforces the invariant that the DLL is always loaded.

when has this behaviour been changed? There is no DllOpen() needed for 3.2.0.1 (using the FTP UDF!) but it is needed for 3.2.1.12. See my post http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=270738.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *