Off Topic: Wake on lan settings

jjj

i know this has nothing to do with autoit, but i am having a problem with setting up my local server to wake on lan. The server is a laptop running winxp, which was originally set up to run on a university network, so it had basically every security measure enabled. I set up the nic to allow wake on lan, and when i send the magic packet from another computer, the server does wake up, but it doesnt wake up completely. I have to go over to it, and press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse, and then the computer is fully awake. In this half-awake state, the power is fully on, but the monitor is blank. As soon as i touch a key, the monitor comes on, and all is back to normal.

My question is: could this possibly be a winxp thing, and what kind of setting can i change to get it to completely wake up? Could it be that windows isnt logging on? Thanks for any help!!!

Your right this has nothing to do with autoit, so why exactly did you post here? anyway from what state did you wake on lan from what ive read iam guessing S5 (shutdown). check your bios for any wake on lan feature and enable it. go to device manager open properties of your nic then click on advanced tab. enable any wake on feature if its disabled.

Edited by Cue

• 2 years later...

i know this has nothing to do with autoit, but i am having a problem with setting up my local server to wake on lan. The server is a laptop running winxp, which was originally set up to run on a university network, so it had basically every security measure enabled. I set up the nic to allow wake on lan, and when i send the magic packet from another computer, the server does wake up, but it doesnt wake up completely. I have to go over to it, and press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse, and then the computer is fully awake. In this half-awake state, the power is fully on, but the monitor is blank. As soon as i touch a key, the monitor comes on, and all is back to normal.

My question is: could this possibly be a winxp thing, and what kind of setting can i change to get it to completely wake up? Could it be that windows isnt logging on? Thanks for any help!!!

After Wake on Lan ,the monitor shouldn't be light , because this function indicate that you are not near the computer, so it's not neccessary to turn on monitor, this is the regular of ACPI

See http://www.acpi.info

• 1 year later...