button inside listview item?

fisofo

i've just got a lot of questions lately :whistle:

I've figured out how to perform events on selection of listview items, but i was wondering if it was possible to actually put a button into a "cell" in the listview table? After a lot of searching i'm guessing the answer is no, but i thought i'd ask just to be sure.

thanks!

Edited by fisofo

well there will be alot of interfering and it will be crap but im sure you can set text in a listview and if it is hovered over or high lighted use a continuos check for highlight text and then if it is returned to be highlight or whatever then do the function

true, but then:

I've figured out how to perform events on selection of listview items

i don't really see the difference there? Anyway, it doesn't really sound like it's possible to get an actual button in a listview item... someone correct me if i'm wrong :whistle:

true, but then:

i don't really see the difference there? Anyway, it doesn't really sound like it's possible to get an actual button in a listview item... someone correct me if i'm wrong :whistle:

What purpose would putting a button in a listview item serve?

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

What purpose would putting a button in a listview item serve?

well, for looks mainly. Basically, I'm designing an extension to my works ticketing system, and the listview contains all the open tickets for the current user. I was thinking it would be nice to have an easy access button alongside each listview item that the user could click to bring up options for updating/closing tickets. As it is, I may just use a context menu instead with those options in it (from an example of yours gafrost :whistle: )

Anyway, that's the concept, it was more for aesthetics than anything else.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=5279&st=15 check that out about double clicking listviews, check the last post by gary

thanks for the link, that's a nice script. Just an fyi though, you don't seem to be actually reading my posts. Just above this I listed that I was going for aesthetics, in terms of having a button in the listview. What button inside a listview does the link have that you posted? Not only that, but I already said I knew how to perform an event on selection of a listview, did I ask for one that would do an event on double-click?

I mean no disrespect, but seriously, if I'm being confusing, please just ask what I mean instead of posting stuff i didn't ask for (no matter how good the code is). You do that, and I'll keep trying to be clear the first time what it is I'm trying to do. I just figured after two responses explaining what I was looking for that this would have been clear.

thanks.

hehe no i didnt read your post i only posted that cuz you can click in the Listview are and do something ;) im unsure on what the button is really for when you could just make a button off to the side of the GUI

no problem, thanks for reading this time :whistle:

I actually tried that method before posting... one button alongside each listview item... but it gets difficult when you start sorting items in the listview. Plus if you have to scroll down in the listview window (if it's too small), the buttons just go past the boundary of the gui.

Anyway, i'm just going to use the "event on selection" code and work something with that. thanks for the input guys.

lol just saying if the problem was the GUI not scrolling then Scrollable GUIs were the answer , and with the double click in one of your posts it said you want to edit the current tickets and stuff, so if you double click the GUI then say it opens up an edit window to edit them just like the example posted in the link i gave you or am i not understanding the question, i understand u got a list of tickets and you want to click a button say inside or, next to each listview row and edit it?

lol just saying if the problem was the GUI not scrolling then Scrollable GUIs were the answer , and with the double click in one of your posts it said you want to edit the current tickets and stuff, so if you double click the GUI then say it opens up an edit window to edit them just like the example posted in the link i gave you or am i not understanding the question, i understand u got a list of tickets and you want to click a button say inside or, next to each listview row and edit it?

ooooh... i wasn't following you there at first. Yep, that's not a bad idea, i'll have to see how it works. Thanks! :">

im kind of curious as to why a window is needed to be open in order to edit the listview? are you just going to make inputs that they input the stuff to edit it instead of them editing it manually so its easier or what

is this in regards to what I'm trying to do? No I won't be making inputs, the data in my listview is pulled from a php server online, they won't be able to edit the items. I just like the idea of a button for them to click to bring up options (such as open/close ticket, etc...) rather than a single/double click event on the listview item. Again, aesthetics, not that big of a deal.

You might be able to using AnyGUI.

Here is an example of buttons mounted on the desktop listview: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34147

thanks for the link, I find the AnyGUI intriguing, but just so you know, that script does not use listview. For those interested, Kohr has something along the lines of what I was thinking of (in regards to buttons, I wouldn't want the input boxes all over the table), check it out: linky.