Command to record keystrokes

insanity

I need to record the keystrokes made when my GUI is active into a box which defines a variable.

Basically I need it to record what is typed in, then if it doesn't match a set definition I will need it to say in a MsgBox to thr user 'doesnt match type it again'.

When I first made the script I had it compare the variable to the definitions I have given for this box but that lags the script.

Once the typed characters match the one of the definitions it will be sent to a .ini file and then used by the script.

I know how to do everything needed for the above to work other than how to get a script to record keystrokes. I assume once it has recorded them I would use IniWrite as I would when writing set text to an ini file.

You know you are riding a lucky star? I find it unbelivable that you have not been flamed by now :whistle:

Anyhow a GuiCtrlCreateInput(...) Will create a gui item that records keystroks. If you want to compare the entered values on the fly you will have to use GuiRegisterMsg. Do a search, you should have done it in the first place any how.

You know you are riding a lucky star? I find it unbelivable that you have not been flamed by now :whistle:

Nah, no flaming needed. insanity has set the reason which may sound fine but not required as the event of the input can be checked after the event and return again to ask.

Note insanity: keylogging is not the solution to the problem. Checking the input upon condition and deal with the resullt is. More then one way to solve a problem and keylogging is not an option here.

The thing is @MHz, this forum is not known of a gentle approach towards any thread containing certain words. Especially not when the posters nick gives antisocial associations. But I guess @insanity is well on his way by now .... or has enrolled in one of those nice and quiet places :whistle:

The thing is @MHz, this forum is not known of a gentle approach towards any thread containing certain words.

Agreed, gentle is bad for a forum as too many take advantage of it for evil means. Always consider the result of an action. insanity has not yet shown the nature that the name precedes nor may never will. But no logger code shown yet so all is well so far. :whistle:

Try this:

(I didn't test it, but you will get the idea)

while 1
$passwd = InputBox("Security Check", "Enter your password.", "", "*")
if $passwd = "password" then 
exitloop
else
msgbox(0, "error", "Password Incorrect!")
endif
wend
Edited by vollyman