Need some help, anyone

Guest Trips

Guest Trips

Ok i used Autoit a long time ago and don't really know how to write anything for it to work, So i know for a fact there is a macro type util that will let me do what i want it to and it will record it then complete the task, then all i had to do was type something in (which i forget also) to make it loop so many times like /loop 500 or something.

I need someone to help me and tell me which version to download and where the macro type program is so i can get this to work, that would be awsome, basically all its doing is going through files and activating them, in the same spot everytime, but there are over 25,000 to activate and i dont want to click that many times....

Thanks

Trips

basically all its doing is going through files and activating them, in the same spot everytime, but there are over 25,000 to activate and i dont want to click that many times....

Using AutoIt version 3 you can get the control name of the button you are clicking, and use a ControlClick to activate that button. You can even do this with the window hidden or minimized if you can use the control. You could also do a standard MouseClick if the control is not a standard Microsoft control.

Download version 3 and check out the helpfile. It will explain a lot of basic stuff about using the language. Sending keystrokes and mouseclicks are very basic parts of what AutoIt can do, and as such are discussed in the helpfile. Take a look at that and see if it helps.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.