Microsoft Word Menu

I am writing a script that changes the settings of Microsoft Word. I tried using keyboard shortcuts to access the menus, ex: Alt F for the "File Menu". But for the "Tools" menu (Alt T) when I use the Send command it inserts the current time of day.

Send("{ALTDOWN}TC{ALTUP}")

If you were to manually go in to word and hit "Shift" "Alt" "T", this would insert the time. But no where in my script do I use the Shift key.

I'm stumped. :ph34r:

That works fine for me. I open a new document in WinWord (version 2002 or "Office XP") and use the following script:

WinActivate("Document1 - Microsoft Word")
Send("{ALTDOWN}tc{ALTUP}")

The following code also worked for me:

WinActivate("Document1 - Microsoft Word")
Send("!tc")

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I am writing a script that changes the settings of Microsoft Word. I tried using keyboard shortcuts to access the menus, ex: Alt F for the "File Menu". But for the "Tools" menu (Alt T) when I use the Send command it inserts the current time of day.

Send("{ALTDOWN}TC{ALTUP}")

If you were to manually go in to word and hit "Shift" "Alt" "T", this would insert the time. But no where in my script do I use the Shift key.

I'm stumped. :ph34r:

sending "T" is different than sending "t" , it sends it as shift+t if it's uppercase.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

sending "T" is different than sending "t" , it sends it as shift+t if it's uppercase.

Heh, somehow I managed to miss that. That's what I get for typing in the script myself instead of copy and pasting it. I just fixed the error when I re-typed it. :ph34r:

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• 1 year later...