break out SLEEP issue

chie

• Moderators

You could use AdlibEnable() or /AutoIt3ExecuteScript or make your own custom UDF

#include <misc.au3>

While 1
    Send('0')
    If Not _Sleep_IsPressed(5000, '13') Then ExitLoop
    Send('0 ')
    If Not _Sleep_IsPressed(5000, '13') Then ExitLoop
WEnd

Func _Sleep_IsPressed($nSleep, $sIsPressed, $iDefault = 10)
    Local $iAdd, $nExitLoop = Int($nSleep) / Int($iDefault)
    Do
        Sleep($iDefault)
        $iAdd += 1
    Until $iAdd >= $nExitLoop Or _IsPressed($sIsPressed)
    If _IsPressed($sIsPressed) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Could do it this way as well so you don't have to use _IsPressed() and the entire Misc.au3 file:

Global $nEscape = False
HotKeySet('{PAUSE}', '_ChangeValue')

While 1
    Send('0')
    If Not _SleepHK(5000) Then ExitLoop
    Send('0 ')
    If Not _SleepHK(5000) Then ExitLoop
WEnd

Func _SleepHK($nSleep, $iDefault = 10)
    Do
        Sleep($iDefault)
        $iAdd += 1
    Until $iAdd >= $nExitLoop Or $nEscape
    If $nEscape Then
        $nEscape = Not $nEscape
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc

Func _ChangeValue()
    $nEscape = Not $nEscape
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

That seems to be really complicated. if it is not too mutch to ask, I would like to understand what you have done,so can you please edit your second post & add comments so others(less smarter people) would be able to learn from this, Please.

I tested both code pieses & first one was wery little bit less resource eating one but there was almost no conciderable differense, so I used this for my script:

Working Sample for others

#include <Misc.au3>
Hotkeyset("!1", "buttonhit")
IniWrite("C:\myfile.ini", "KeyHitSpeed", "speed", "5000")
Func buttonhit()
While 1
    $iniread_speed = IniRead("C:\myfile.ini", "KeyHitSpeed", "speed", "Not Found") ;check ini to get speed 
    If Not _Sleep_IsPressed($iniread_speed, '13') Then ExitLoop
    Send('0 ')
WEnd
EndFunc

;~ ---------------------------------------------------------------
Func _Sleep_IsPressed($nSleep, $sIsPressed, $iDefault = 10)
    Do
        Sleep($iDefault)
        $iAdd += 1
    Until $iAdd >= $nExitLoop Or _IsPressed($sIsPressed)
    If _IsPressed($sIsPressed) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc

; Need to keep the program running until you press the hotkey
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

• Moderators

Sorry, I don't do comments too often. I figured it wasn't to difficult to follow what I was doing.

_Sleep_IsPressed(Sleep In Milliseconds you would normally do, The key you want to check in IsPressed, the default sleep time) ... We have to do a low sleep time in the Do/Until loop because we need to check if something was pressed, so the default is 10 milliseconds.

$iAdd is what we will add one too every loop to compare if we reach our $nSleep time.

$nExitLoop is the sent $nSleep divided by the default sleep for our Do/Until loop that allows us to properly use the $iAdd

If _Ispressed is true, then it returns 0 thus why we are using If Not _Sleep_IsPressed() rather than If _Sleep_IsPressed(), if _Ispressed wasn't used and the default sleep time ($nSleep) was reached, then the return is 1, allowing us to continue our condition (in this case your IniRead stuff).

Edited by SmOke_N

SmOke_N is too smart for his own good. :whistle:

Here's how I'd do it:

While 1
    Send("0")
    For $i = 1 To 50
        Sleep(100)
        If _IsPressed('13') Then ExitLoop 2
    Next
    Send("0")
    For $i = 1 To 50
        Sleep(100)
        If _IsPressed('13') Then ExitLoop 2
    Next
WEnd

• Moderators

SmOke_N is too smart for his own good. :whistle:

;) Thanks (I think :P ) ... however, I hardly think the functions I provided shows an over abundance of intelligence.

Well, you approach things with more of a udf mentality, which is smart (although can look more complicated). I just try to make things work for the given situation... which I kind of need to get away from. edit - Well, maybe not so much get away from, but expand from.

Edited by xcal

Well, you approach things with more of a udf mentality, which is smart (although can look more complicated). I just try to make things work for the given situation... which I kind of need to get away from. edit - Well, maybe not so much get away from, but expand from.

Because UDF's are usually easier to work with. In my opinion.
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Something unexpected happened, since all other shortcuts were taken already, i had to improvise but...im a little bit stuck again:

lets suppose I have chineese, russian,japaneese or any other keyboard that has those wierd signs on it, Does this means those signs or letters cant be used?

I tried to use a 2 key combination to exit loop CTRL+õ or CTRL+ö or CTRL+ä (Note I wanted to use as a second key a letter with a dots) but it seems it cant be used, so I wanted to make shure, if I can use it like this?:

_IsPressed("CTRL+õ", $dll) then ;
exit loop

• Moderators

To use 2 keys, you need 2 _IsPressed() functions... you also need to read on how to use _IsPressed() and what are legal characters to use.

To use 2 keys, you need 2 _IsPressed() functions... you also need to read on how to use _IsPressed() and what are legal characters to use.

1. yes works perfect, thank you
If _IsPressed("11", $dll) and _IsPressed("7B", $dll) Then exitloop ;CTRL+F12
2. & legal characters are only the ones that are listed under Function Reference,_IsPressed,Remarks:...... ? Edited by chie