PStools Front End (for easy Remote control of PC's)

paullab

A front end for the PStools Collection FROM Mark Russinovich

(or any other program / system administration tool it is you want to add)

it expects the pstools programs and dll to be in the same directory as the script

What you see as the command line is executed this means that

if you wish to change the command sent then simply edit it and hit 'Go'

Uses Event mode to keep the command line updated

(Well all except the last control changed)

this is why there is the Click Here in the header

It is easy to add your own tools to this

Simply add another TAB with required parameters on itAdd a tabname change function that sets the $PSCommandLine input box to the required value

Known issues

Event mode works well except for changes in the last field

Not all parameters for all tools are catered for (Only those I use regularly) (but you can add them manually)

Validation is still a little loose so you need to know a little about PStools

Does not handle things very well when the progrm being run wants an enter keypress

PSloglist has not been completed (OK, not even started)

Does not save previously entered values

Now includes a checkbox to accept the Microsoft EULA

Have a Look at this post

for the most recent includes required.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36245&view=findpost&p=646185

PSTools.au3

PSToolsAcceptEULA.au3

Edited by paullab
Wallpaper Rotatorwith overlay, Loop through a folder of wallpaper & another of overlay, then create a combined image and set it as the wallpaperE-Mail passthru, Send any file, even executables via e-mail as plain text. The recipient can then later re-construct them.Slideshow widget, A slideshow widget similar to the Vista onePredictive typing using the Numpad, Predictive typing using the numpad of a keyboar similar to that on a mobile phone (the key is the .t16 file).PSTools Front End, For Remote Admin. Just makes life a lot easier (Demonstrates executing external programs and passing parameters, tabbed form Handling STDIN/STDERR)FTP Helper application Up and Download files from an FTP server demonstrates this and Tooltray TipsShow a Map of your Post-codes/Zip Codes, Uses the Clipboard, Hotkeys, the system tray (incl. menus)Disc/CD/DVD Catalogue, Ideal for all those Covermount Discs (Demonstrates Array handling, executing DOS programs, handling STDIN/STDOUT recursive directory reads, file searching.)YAST , Yet another Stopwatch/Timer (Uses a hotkey, Copies to clipboard, handles multiple events and stays on top)Keyboard Status Indicator , Indicates status of NumLock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Keys, demonstrates API calling & System tray Icon Toggling

• 2 weeks later...

nice job paullab.

i use pstools often.

thanks.

the Kudos should go to Mark for all the real work (there is ver little in terms of remore administration that you can't do using his tools)

I am not sure how license will change now that MS have bought SysInternals, but would think it wise to download and use the current PSTools license before it becomes to restrictive!

Wallpaper Rotatorwith overlay, Loop through a folder of wallpaper & another of overlay, then create a combined image and set it as the wallpaperE-Mail passthru, Send any file, even executables via e-mail as plain text. The recipient can then later re-construct them.Slideshow widget, A slideshow widget similar to the Vista onePredictive typing using the Numpad, Predictive typing using the numpad of a keyboar similar to that on a mobile phone (the key is the .t16 file).PSTools Front End, For Remote Admin. Just makes life a lot easier (Demonstrates executing external programs and passing parameters, tabbed form Handling STDIN/STDERR)FTP Helper application Up and Download files from an FTP server demonstrates this and Tooltray TipsShow a Map of your Post-codes/Zip Codes, Uses the Clipboard, Hotkeys, the system tray (incl. menus)Disc/CD/DVD Catalogue, Ideal for all those Covermount Discs (Demonstrates Array handling, executing DOS programs, handling STDIN/STDOUT recursive directory reads, file searching.)YAST , Yet another Stopwatch/Timer (Uses a hotkey, Copies to clipboard, handles multiple events and stays on top)Keyboard Status Indicator , Indicates status of NumLock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Keys, demonstrates API calling & System tray Icon Toggling

Very similar to the front end I made for pstools as well..Well good ole' Micro$haft has already spoiled the set.. Now as soon as you try to run one of their tools you get a NICE (not...) EULA aggreement you have to accept before running the tool or else it exits... A real pain in the a$$ finding that out after the fact when I have been running their tools in my domain , and a simple change in their program stalled a login script in one of my school buildings, for the whole building.. But as school started I found out pretty quick... GRRRR...

Edited by Stealth111

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

minor update to accept the new microsoft eula in the pstools collection

(source in original post)

• 9 months later...

I have discovered that selecting the tool/tab to use and hitting the go button will give you all the command line parameters in the Stdout textbox.

This is quick and easy help if you are unsure of something.

• 1 year later...

This is a neat front-end to PSTOOLS. I tried it with the latest production version of AutoIt (3.3.0.0 - Dec 24th, 2008), and I could not make it work due to some undeclared variables. I looked at the includes, and some of the required includes were missing. Replace the includes with the following ones to make it work:

CODE
#include <Constants.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <EditConstants.au3>

#include <StaticConstants.au3>

Happy coding!

This is a neat front-end to PSTOOLS. I tried it with the latest production version of AutoIt (3.3.0.0 - Dec 24th, 2008), and I could not make it work due to some undeclared variables. I looked at the includes, and some of the required includes were missing. Replace the includes with the following ones to make it work:

CODE
#include <Constants.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <EditConstants.au3>

#include <StaticConstants.au3>

Happy coding!

Thanks for the heads up. I was trying to figure out what they were when I scrolled down and saw that you already figured it out.

Other People's Stuff:Andy Flesner's AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide[topic="34302"]Locodarwin's ExcelCom_UDF[/topic][topic="61090"]MrCreatorR's Opera Library[/topic]