Manipulate HTML without IE

Droog

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and I have a question.

First some background. I have been given the task of updating many remote boxes that all have the same config using the least intrusive method possible. I have heard that it is possible to do in .net VB but I haven't done any programing in that yet.

From what I have read about autoit so far it is possible to create a script using IE to browse and install M$ certificates.

Is it possible to manipulate html forms without using IE so that it happens behind the scenes and is not interrupted by changing window focus.

I guess it would be some sort of stateful command line driven "post, get, submit, etc" commands.

e.g.

get http://M$cert.com

fill form fields

submit

accept certificate

Install

without IE or a traditional web browser.

Thanks!

Is it possible to manipulate html forms without using IE so that it happens behind the scenes and is not interrupted by changing window focus.

If you don't want to lose the focus, you can block all input, while you are running the script.

See help file: blockinput().

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Ok, That solves one problem. I can run this during the night when no one is around and lock access during the run. In the case that there is an emergency push, is it possible to use commands as one would telnet to an smtp server and use "get, post, submit" commands that way instead of using a browser? I am thinking that even though they are supposed to leave their computers on 24/7, there may be many that don't and I may have to push installs during business hrs when they might be in use.

@/dev/null Thanks for the input. That is the direction I am leaning towards for this first push and looking for the behind the scenes thing for future changes if needed.