Navigating within a folder

sum1

I have a variable $filename which is given by the user via a input box. I then open explorer to my desired path But am unsure how i would go about navigating to the file (highlight) in a efficient way.

Any ideas or examples would be great.

Thanks

• Developers

I have a variable $filename which is given by the user via a input box. I then open explorer to my desired path But am unsure how i would go about navigating to the file (highlight) in a efficient way.

Any ideas or examples would be great.

Thanks

Try this and see if thats what you want ...

Run('c:\windows\explorer.exe /e,/select,"' & $filename & '"')

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

what are you going to do with the file? Do you really need explorer for that?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I was going to perform a rightclick operation on the file

and then do what.... ???

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

well the program i am writing performs a few things to the user inputed file which are all accessable via alt+f in explorer. One of the programs can be controlled similar to

but the other cannot so i decided to do it this way

once in the program some other information gathered from the user is given to the program like file path etc.

i'm sure what i'm doing is far from the best way but i am new to autoit and think this will complete my overall goal the quick and dirty way so to speak but ideas are always welcome :whistle:

Edited by sum1

well the program i am writing performs a few things to the user inputed file which are all accessable via alt+f in explorer. One of the programs can be controlled similar to

but the other cannot so i decided to do it this way

once in the program some other information gathered from the user is given to the program like file path etc.

i'm sure what i'm doing is far from the best way but i am new to autoit and think this will complete my overall goal the quick and dirty way so to speak but ideas are always welcome :whistle:

hmm. I still don't understand what you want to do.... If you are interested in ideas, you should tell us more ...