Send command to process?

if you provide some code it would be greatly appreciated, but the thing is one program runs the other one, which when run you open up lines that you can send whatever you want and if you have both reading whats being sent on these lines and if it sends whatever u want it to send and with an If statement you can easily call a function , im curious as to how a program you made you are unable to call a function....

• Moderators

because my script has user input in it? that's just like saying, kill notepad & start a fresh one!

Your Ebonics is amazing... Did you have to practice long at it, or does it come naturally for you?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Can you state specifically in "steps" what you are trying to accomplish. I've tried to give subtle hints that you make absolutely no sense, but I guess you got that as much as I understand your request.

If you want to "communicate" with a process, you were give the answer the first time.

If you need something else, then you'll have to re-write your first executable to perhaps look in the registry/an ini/ a text file for something specific that your other process wants it to do.

If it's something other than that... Start over with what I requested above.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

because my script has user input in it? that's just like saying, kill notepad & start a fresh one!

its called showing an example of what you said your program is like if you want userinput then here you go

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
$Form1 = GUICreate("KILL", 354, 39, 193, 115)
$kill = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 24, 8, 273, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case GUICtrlRead($kill) = "kill"
            If ProcessExists("NOTEPAD.EXE") Then
                ProcessClose("NOTEPAD.EXE")
                Run("NOTEPAD.EXE")
                GUICtrlSetData($kill,"Notepad refreshed")
            Else
                GUICtrlSetData($kill,"Notepad Not Running")
            EndIf
    EndSelect
WEnd

• Moderators

I've already said what I want to do, and I do not want any help from you Smoke_N, you're a fucking idiot...And Ebonics? are you "SmOke_N" crack?

;)

You know, I wondered what was wrong with you... and after I read this post that I worked dilligently to help you on: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30619 I couldn't figure out why....

UNTIL.... I saw your true colors: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32116 here... Calling me an idiot :lmao: Pot calling the kettle black more like it.