Error with in IE.au3

The script that I am referring to runs well on my computer, but I put a compiled version on another computer, and it generated this error (see attachment).

As far as I can tell, the error comes from _IEPropertyGet? It's the only function in IE.au3 that uses the expression "Return HWnd($o_object.HWND ())". I could be wrong...

_IEPropertyGet is never called within my script. Could this be a version compatibility problem or something? Or am I just plain missing something?

Any help is appreciated.

post-14326-1163715326_thumb.jpg

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

• Developers

The script that I am referring to runs well on my computer, but I put a compiled version on another computer, and it generated this error (see attachment).

As far as I can tell, the error comes from _IEPropertyGet? It's the only function in IE.au3 that uses the expression "Return HWnd($o_object.HWND ())". I could be wrong...

_IEPropertyGet is never called within my script. Could this be a version compatibility problem or something? Or am I just plain missing something?

Any help is appreciated.

You are not showing any scriptlet, but I guess you have not enabled the Com error handler ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

HWnd is the window handle...

Most likely you're trying to perform an action on an object that is no longer there or that you did not reference properly.

We can't help you without a working example.

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]

You are not showing any scriptlet, but I guess you have not enabled the Com error handler ...

@ JdeB

Sorry, I am unaware of a COM error handler, can you elaborate for me? Sounds like it would be of great help.

HWnd is the window handle...

Most likely you're trying to perform an action on an object that is no longer there or that you did not reference properly.

We can't help you without a working example.

@ame1011

It doesn't perform any actions, the script will not start. This exact script is running on a different computer right now. I'm not using any window handles in my code, only the code for _IEPropertyGet is using this as far as I can tell.

Edit: I didn't provide any code because my code is working fine on another computer, I thought there may be an easy explanation for this problem to occur on a different computer. If not, guess I'll just whack away at debugging the whole thing on this computer. A COM error handler would prove useful ;) (I'm new to COM methods, and IE too)

Edited by mikehunt114
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

No, Firefox is not running at all. Guess I'll check out the error handler.

_IEErrorHandlerRegister() instantiates a COM error handler for you...

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Might be a silly question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways. Is using _IEErrorHandlerRegister the same as the error log produced through Scite?

It traps COM Errors rather than them terminating your script and reports detailed information about the error to the console in SciTE.

Ok, yeah, that's what I've been using, thanks.