Receiving RAW Events from AutoIt

Guest dgarcia

Guest dgarcia

I'm new to the use of AutoIt. I want to write an application that will monitor an application by capturing events that the application generates. For instance, I want to be notified when there is a new window, text in a control has changed, a mouse over event, etc. Is there a callback function I can set up to receive these raw events instead of waiting for specific events to occur.

Thanks,

Daniel Garcia

AutoIt does not use hooks, so no, you can't do that. If you need to use hooks, you could set them within your application to call AutoIt. Otherwise, how about you just loop and check the window titles and text of the relevant windows for changes? You can get the text of controls by use of the Control* functions. Read the helpfile to find out about the uses of working with controls.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.