Change Parent PID

Is it possible to change the parent PID of an application after it loads? If not, is it possible to make it so that a process will load with with a different Parent PID than the one that it would use on default? If this is possible, does anyone know if its possible to do in Autoit? Help is very appreciated on this. Thanks.

• Developers

Is it possible to change the parent PID of an application after it loads? If not, is it possible to make it so that a process will load with with a different Parent PID than the one that it would use on default? If this is possible, does anyone know if its possible to do in Autoit? Help is very appreciated on this. Thanks.

Don't understand... there is no standard PID.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

okay... my school has gotten smart to autoit and they are using something called rogue process manager to block any application that wasn't launched by the application launcher (and thus has a different parent PID). This prolly is making me sound like a bad guy... but i'm not. I just want to run a few games durring some of my more boring classes but thats being blocked now so i'm trying to find a way around it. Also, the process manager checks every 3 seconds for rogue processes so there will be time to load an autoit program and have it do something.

• Developers

anyone know if this is even possible to do? Even if you don't know how to or don' want to write a script for me can you atleast tell me that?

I doubt if you can bypass this rogue process manager when its any good....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

anyone know if this is even possible to do? Even if you don't know how to or don' want to write a script for me can you atleast tell me that?

Yes, you too can re-write the Windows kernel... :lmao:

Psst: They are logging you - gathering enough evidence to get you expelled. :evil:

Suggestion: Discover girls - they are more challenging and far more fun! ;)

Edited by Confuzzled