Show Administrator Account on Login Screen

IcyFerno

I ran it once and click 'no' what exactly did that do? Did it remove my account from the list? This is my only account. So if it's gone...not good.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

• Developers

I ran it once and click 'no' what exactly did that do? Did it remove my account from the list? This is my only account. So if it's gone...not good.

try hitting clt-alt-del twice to get the good old classic login prompt when no user are shown in the Login screen...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

There's a reason why XP doesn't show the Administrator account. If you show it and, like most home computers, it doesn't have a set password, that means that any old burglar can nick your computer, turn it on and click Administrator - Hey Presto, they can now access all of your data, regardless of any protection. Why show it if you can just as easily press CTRL-ALT-DELETE twice at the login screen and type Administrator anyway? That means any old burglar can't see it and can't log on to it as Administrator.

And, if you log in to safe mode, Administrator appears.

And, if you're using XP Home you can't use Administrator in Normal Boot Mode anyway - that's been disabled by MS for security reasons.

(All other XP editions show allow you to use it because all the others are based on XP Professional)

Edited by Pa Callender
[size="4"]YOU SHALL NOT PARSE!![/size]

• Developers

I wanted to see what it did.

Now tell me whats dumber:

posting something you don't really understand the implication of or running it ? ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

And, if you're using XP Home you can't use Administrator in Normal Boot Mode anyway - that's been disabled by MS for security reasons.

(All other XP editions show it because all the others are based on XP Professional)

nope you are wrong , there is a way to show administrator in norbal boot mode , you should inform yourself before sayin stuff like that.

here take a look at this program run it from a non-administrator account could also be a guest account. switch users really quick , and at the top of the main screen you ll have the administrator account enable.this program is detected as a virus because it was originally used to get admin rights in other ppls computers but you can use it for a good cause .

Edited by JdeB

• Developers

nope you are wrong , there is a way to show administrator in norbal boot mode , you should inform yourself before sayin stuff like that.

What are you quoting here ?

And what is the rest of this post on about ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What are you quoting here ?

simply pa callendar said that there is no way to show administrator in normal reboot used because its disabled, well am provin him wrong there is away , all you have to do is run the program on a non-administrator account even a guess account could work , and switch users really quick and a new user with the name of 'Administrator 'will appear

• Developers

simply pa callendar said that there is no way to show administrator in normal reboot used because its disabled, well am provin him wrong there is away , all you have to do is run the program on a non-administrator account even a guess account could work , and switch users really quick and a new user with the name of 'Administrator 'will appear

Attachement removed ... Hactool virus positive .

We don;t want shit like this posted ..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Attachement removed ... Hactool virus positive .

We don;t want shit like this posted ..

its not a virus its was classified as a virus because ppl started usin this to get admin rights, if you were a lil bit more intelligent you ll check what it does not just scan it with your av. the av is not always right

its not a virus its was classified as a virus because ppl started usin this to get admin rights, if you were a lil bit more intelligent you ll check what it does not just scan it with your av. the av is not always right

but since i see that you only believe in your av and you are not a lil bit smart to figure out what it does , looks like you are never goin to learn new shit

• Developers

but since i see that you only believe in your av and you are not a lil bit smart to figure out what it does , looks like you are never goin to learn new shit

Looks like the previous warnings didnt leave any impression... so lets try another one ...

For some reason, I have more faith in Symantec than you .....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Three things about your posts above:

• I have informed myself as well as I wish to - if you'll reread the posts above, I say "XP Home" and believe me I have tried legitametly (without using Virus/Hacking tools - whatever you say they are, can you prove what they are without getting us to run them? That's why you should always post AU3 source along with Compiled Scripts) on XP Home using the TweakUI tool and it does show, but you can't use it! It claims "Access is denied".
  • My surname is spelt C A L L E N D E R
  • ... and please call me Paul - I don't take to my first name being Pa (Paul - way I used to organise the computers here @ home)
Paul Callender
[size="4"]YOU SHALL NOT PARSE!![/size]

• 2 weeks later...