Convert mouse window X/Y to Diablo II world X/Y

Original topic: http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewtopic.php?t=332679

I've experimented with a few things, but I'm pretty terrible at math.

I can get the character X/Y, then I can teleport to a certain window X/Y and compare the differences. However, the D2 world uses 45° isometric planes(?), I'm not sure how to calculate it. Here are some results I found:

; Went to : 4616, 4613

; Went from : 4623, 4620

; Clicked : 400, 200

; Difference: 7, 7

; Went to : 4612, 4618

; Went from : 4625, 4631

; Clicked : 400, 100

; Difference: 13, 13

; Went to : 4629, 4611

; Went from : 4645, 4627

; Clicked : 400, 50

; Difference: 16, 16

Posted Image

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

I normally don't replay to bot topics, but I love the diagram.

Use WinGetPos () to find the position of the window. From there you should be able to get all the information you need about the diablo 2 window to do what you want. You will get its current X and Y value along with the actual windows height and width.

If you read the help file you will see that WinGetPos() returns the following array:

Success: Returns a 4-element array containing the following information:

$array[0]= X position

$array[1] = Y position

$array[2] = Width

$array[3] = Height

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Yeah, that's the easy stuff to get; that diagram (I assume) wasn't made specifically for this topic.

The problem I'm having is converting the screen x/y coordinates into Diablo II game world coordinates.

Thanks for the reply, though, I'll try to explain a bit better:

Given the values:

Current world X,Y - 4623, 4620

Current mouse position in window X,Y - 400, 200

I need to find an equation to get the value under the mouse, which is:

World X,Y = 4616, 4613

The Diablo II world is made on an isometric plane, and I have no idea how to convert the coordinates ;)

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

I don't know about the isometric or API stuff (I would say use client coords) but this formula I wrote (from a previous topic) should put you on the right track:

; converts coords (x,y) in (a,b ) screen resolution
; to coords (u,v) in (c,d) screen resolution

$x = 800
$y = 600

$a = 1024
$b = 768
$c = @DesktopWidth
$d = @DesktopHeight

$u = ( $c * $x ) / $a    ;resulting x coord
$v = ( $d * $y ) / $b    ;resulting y coord

MsgBox(0, "original(" & $x & "," & $y & ")", "new(" & $u & "," & $v & ")")

EDIT: two posts went by when I was writing this!

Edited by erifash

Erifash: thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what to plug in there? The Diablo II world is huge, and I'm only viewing a small amount tiles of it at one time. I'm sure there has to be some kind of rotation in the numbers there, because it's on an isometric plane. Thanks for digging up that function though ;)

And thanks for the reply

Not sure exactly what you want, but if you're looking for pixel length from one point to another point with degree's just google for some of the stuff.

If it's 45* exactly based on your screen (I dunno if it is) then here is how you'd do it:

Take the middle of the screen, or wherever it is you are.

Make a diagram if you can't do it in your head.

|\

| \

|__\

So if the x aka bottom distance (to the left) is 1 unit and the y degree (up) is 1 units, then in a 45-45-90 triangle, which is what this would be, it would be (Square root of)2 units.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45-45-90_triangle

Make a func of it to make it easier.

$x distance * squarerootof2 or w/e it is.

Thanks for the reply, darkshadow, but that's not what I'm looking for.

I have created a 3D library once, it used a very simple way of translating one coordinate system to another...

The fact that Diablo II uses '45° isometric planes' has nothing to do with how the maps are build and how you should navigate. It is a way of converting a 2D game to almost-3D without it taking a lot of work.

Here's the function that calculates the actual coordinates. You might want to learn from it and modify it to use it inside Diablo II.

Func _3Dto2D($Px,$Py,$Pz, $Roll, $Pitch, $Yaw)
    ;calculate roll
    $Sx = ($Px*Cos($Roll))+($Py*Sin($Roll))
    $Sy = ($Py*Cos($Roll))+($Px*Sin(-1*$Roll))
    $Px = $Sx
    $Py = $Sy

;calculate yaw
    $Sx = ($Px*Cos($yaw))+(-1*$Pz*Sin($yaw))
    $Sz = (-1*$Pz*Cos($yaw))+($Px*Sin(-1*$yaw))
    $Px = $Sx
    $Pz = $Sz

;calculate pitch
    $Sy = ($Py*Cos($Pitch))+(-1*$Pz*Sin($Pitch))
    $Sz = (-1*$Pz*Cos($Pitch))+($Py*Sin(-1*$Pitch))
    $Py = $Sy
    $Pz = $Sz

;the actual projection
    $Pos[0] = (($Px + $Pz)) + $xMid
    $Pos[1] = (((-1 * $Py) + (0.35 * $Px) - (0.35 * $Pz))) + $yMid

Return $Pos
EndFunc

By the way, turn the Perspective option off inside Diablo II to see what 45° isometric planes do.

and a little bit of info to as to how this works Trigonometric function

If you are not good at math, don't click this link.

Edited by Manadar

Manadar: Thanks a lot! That looks exactly like what I need, I'll just need to figure out what Roll, Pitch, and Yaw are ;)

EDIT:

http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/academy/rocke...titude/pyr.html

What do I plug in for those variables with Diablo II?

Edited by Insolence

I think that you would be better off doing these calculations in a 2D plane in stead of a 3D one, so I apologize for setting you off on the wrong foot.

Calculating a pitch of 45 degrees is definitely a good idea though!

Something like this perhaps.

$Sy = ($y*Cos(45))+(-1*$x*Sin(45))
$Sx = (-1*$x*Cos(45))+($y*Sin(-45))
$Py = $Sy
$Px = $Sx

Thanks for the reply Manadar, and I appriciate you writing out the equation I need. I'll try to implement this immediately ;)

I was still thinking 3D algorithms, here's the 2D version. ^^

Even though this doesn't get the direction right ( I think AutoIt needs radians by default ), you get a good idea of what you want.

Func MouseMoveDirection($Direction, $Distance,$speed=10)
    $x = MouseGetPos(0)
    $y = MouseGetPos(1)
    $x=$x + (Cos($Direction)*$Distance)
    $y=$y + (Sin($Direction)*$Distance)
    MouseMove($x,$y,$speed)
EndFuncoÝ÷ Ù8b²h ÖÞjè¥êÜ¢{Þ®Æ­í¡©ìº{^²×jëh×6Func MouseMoveDirection($Direction, $Distance,$speed=10)
    $x = MouseGetPos(0)
    $y = MouseGetPos(1)
    $x=$x + (Cos($Direction/180*3.14)*$Distance)
    $y=$y + (Sin($Direction/180*3.14)*$Distance)
    MouseMove($x,$y,$speed)
EndFunc
Edited by Manadar

Unsure as to what I should put for direction, but I'm getting closer and closer to solving this thanks to you!

; Moving from : 4623, 4620
; Mouse X/Y   : 400, 200

; Move world position to the 0, 0 screen x/y coordinate.
$WorldX = 4623 - 30
$WorldY = 4620 - 5

; Screen coordinates
$x = 400
$y = 200
#cs
$Sy = abs( ($y*Cos(45))+(-1*$x*Sin(45)) )
$Sx = abs( (-1*$x*Cos(45))+($y*Sin(-45)) )

$Py = Round(($Sy/15) + $WorldY)
$Px = Round(($Sx/15) + $WorldX)

; Should get this result: 4616, 4613
; but returns 4618, 4631
MsgBox("","", $Sx & ", " & $Sy & @CRLF & _
              $Px & ", " & $Py )
#CE

$Direction = 45
$Distance  = Sqrt(($x)^2 + ($y)^2); Distance from 0,0

$x=$x + (Cos($Direction/180*3.14)*$Distance)
$y=$y + (Sin($Direction/180*3.14)*$Distance)

$Px = Round(($x/15) + $WorldX)
$Py = Round(($y/15) + $WorldY)

; Should get this result: 4616, 4613
; but returns 4641, 4649
MsgBox("","", $x & ", " & $y & @CRLF & _
              $Px & ", " & $Py )

I'm trying both methods, the 3D one was pretty close to the results, but for the 2nd one I might be putting in the wrong thing for "Distance."

Thanks for your help ;)

EDIT: Added what should be returned

Edited by Insolence

You're getting ahead of me now, and I'm having trouble keeping up.

Why do you do this? Does this require intimate knowledge of Diablo II coordinates?

$Px = Round(($x/15) + $WorldX)
$Py = Round(($y/15) + $WorldY)

I've written this merely as some exemplary mathematics, so I can't help you from here. Good luck!

Every 15px = 1 tile, in the Diablo world.

Thanks for all your help, I'll have to go to my math teacher tomorrow to figure this out. ;)

Exactly, but I want to get the World coordinate I'm about to move to, not actually move there.

Thanks again for replying, I can tell we're very close ;)

lol, thanks.

I still need a functions sort of like these, that use mouse coords:

Func MouseCoordsToD2Coords($MouseX,$MouseY)
Func D2CoordsToMouseCoords($WorldX,$WorldY)

that returns the Diablo II tile underneath the mouse cursor, and the mouse X/Y position of the Diablo II tile on the screen ;)

Bump ;)