Ip Help !

Is there away of making auto it find ur external ip not ur network ip and past it into an open notepad file ?

Even if somebody justs know how to do the first part that woudl be great !

Srry I was in a bit of a rush when I posted !

Is there windows component I can call on with an autoit v3 script that can get my external ip address and paste it into notepad ?

Now can u plz help me ?

Lol hehe after all that !

Why didnt u say o and by the way I dont have a clue how to do that ?

I mean u corrected my horrible use of language and grammer in a programming forum !

I should be correcting u saying this is an autoit scripting forum....the function of this forum is to help and seek help for all things autoit....

Its not an english class ! :ph34r:

Talk with your network administrator. You would need to query the firewall and how to do that changes from model to model, if you even have the permission to do it. When you have an intranet behind a firewall, typically everybody shares the external address of the firewall, with the firewall keeping track of which connection goes where. Your network administrator should be able to tell you what the external address is. You should check with your manager to see if there is a desired IP address to put on your correspondance.

If you are the network administrator, check the manual for the firewall to determine how to get the current firewall external and internal addresses.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• Developers

Srry I was in a bit of a rush when I posted !

Is there windows component I can call on with an autoit v3 script that can get my external ip address and paste it into notepad ?

Now can u plz help me ?

What do you mean by "External IP address" ?

Is that the address you get assigned to your DUN interface ?

If so it should be one of the @IPAddress1-4 addresses...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok srry I am my network admin and I know at least 20 ways I can get my external Ip !

There are tons of programs out there to do it !

Or u can just goto

www.whatismyip.com

Or type ipconfig into cmd

Im just trying to find a way to make an autoit script find it!

Edited by nova

• Developers

When I say external ip address I mean the ip ur ISP has given u and not a network ip like 192.168.x.x.

Is it assinged to your pc or is their a LAT router/Firewall in between.

If it is assigned to your pc you can get it by using @IPAddress1-4 addresses...

Or try a URLDownloadToFile ( "www.whatismyip.com", "filename" ) and read the file.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Lol hehe after all that !

Why didnt u say o and by the way I dont have a clue how to do that ?

I mean u corrected my horrible use of language and grammer in a programming forum !

I should be correcting u saying this is an autoit scripting forum....the function of this forum is to help and seek help for all things autoit....

Its not an english class !  :(

then I may as well correct you saying this is an autoit forum, not a network admin forum... :ph34r: just kidding, I've asked for enough non-autoit stuff here, knowing that there's alot of other tech types... anyways... that google search did turn up a few promising leads, I just don't really have time to hunt them down for you...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

Ok srry I am my network admin and I know at least 20 ways I can get my external Ip !

There are tons of programs out there to do it !

Or u can just goto

www.whatismyip.com

Or type ipconfig into cmd

Im just trying to find a way to make an autoit script find it!

so, take the output of one of those programs and have autoit manipulate it... might even be able to urldownloadtofile www.whatismyip.com and get the ip from that.

192.168.x.x... hmmm sounds like a Dlink router? you realise if you go to 192.168.0.1 that you can get your assigned IP of the router from there as well as realease and renew it. You could also grab that information from that page as well.

moo

A lot of router manufacturers use the prefix 192.168.X.X for their internal networks. Watchguard uses 192.168.25.X as its internal addresses. It changes from manufacturer to manufacturer but 192.168.X.0 is usually the interface for the router/firewall.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

; run ("start http://whatismyip.com")
; advantage: works always, independant of browser type.
; disadvantage: starts URL in the current window if one exists

run ("explorer.exe" & " http://whatismyip.com")
WinWait ("Your ip is")
$titelzeile = WinGetTitle ("Your ip is")
WinClose ("Your ip is")
$ergebnis = StringSplit ($titelzeile, " ")
ClipPut($ergebnis[4])

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

yay.. learned a cool new tool that will help you out.

in a command prompt

tracert -h 2 www.hiddensoft.com

or any other web page you like.. it traces the IP's it passes through to get to that point. the '-h 2' denotes the first two 'hops' which would be your router and the IP that you get from your ISP.

pretty cool yeah?

so you could plug that into a string and grab the Last portion as your IP for your computer :ph34r:

moo

yay.. learned a cool new tool that will help you out.

in a command prompt

tracert -h 2 www.hiddensoft.com

or any other web page you like.. it traces the IP's it passes through to get to that point. the '-h 2' denotes the first two 'hops' which would be your router and the IP that you get from your ISP.

pretty cool yeah?

so you could plug that into a string and grab the Last portion as your IP for your computer :ph34r:

moo

unless you're inside a larger network. my first two hops are still inside my corporate hq. just a comment. you did find a decent fix for the home user.

well just increase the number of hops '-h (number)' to end at your outside IP.

ie tracert -h 5 www.hiddensoft.com

the advantage here is that you don't need to have a solid connection to the net.. just your network.. as it wil try to make it there and fail once it get's outside your network.. where as if you lose your net connection then http:/whatismyip.com us useless.. or if that website itself goes down.. same deal.

so I figured in that respect it would be a usefull tool.

moo