object browser

gadzail

I use autoit (and I like it) often with objects (like "word.application" and "excel.application").

I tried "Ole/com object viewer" but I found some difficulties to use it.

Where can I find properties or method of these objects?

Do you know other applications (freeware) like "Ole/com object viewer"?

NOTE: I am not an expert programmer.

Thx.

yes msdn is good but I find that some msdn docs can differ with what really happens in autoit.

For some reason objects in AutoIt just seem to behave differently...I could be wrong, though, but many object things that work in other languages (mainly VB) are completely different in Autoit.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Check out the helpfile in the Function Reference, Obj/Com Reference -- Sven did a very nice writeup of the "OLE/COM Object Viewer".

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

What do you think about this:

-ActiveX/com inspector

http://oaklandsoftware.com/compare.html

You can create objects and manage/test them...

That's a pretty decent replacement for Microsoft's OLE Viewer, actually. I like that you can trace events. And you can't beat the price!

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]