NEED HELP

MichaelB

Purely as a programming exercise, (I am just learning AUTOIT3) I am writing an app launcher. The GUI was the easy part except when I got to where I wanted to right click on one of the launch buttons and have a dialog come up that would allow me to pick the executable to be assigned to that button. Try as I might, I just can't seem to get it done.

I can make the whole thing work very nicely if I HARD CODE each executable to a button, but that defeats the purpose of learning.

Also , using the $BS_ICON function (is that a function? operator?), I have the primary icon of each program displayed on the relevant button.

The only other issue I have (so far) is that I wanted the dialog with the buttons to 'pop out' of the much smaller persistant dialog, (which uses WS_EX_TOPMOST to make it stick).

I couldn't seem to write a child window that would do this like I wanted (cosmetically), so the dialog with the buttons is actually a seperate app called by the first app.

One thing I DID get right is when an executable is successfully launched, the larger 'button box' closes , leaving the tiny launcher of the button dialog. I still don't know how I did this, but I'm not complaining.

Help on any or all of this would be greatly appreciated.

michaelb

m10131950 at yahoo dot com

P.S. I will cheerfully email the code to anyone volunteering help.

Edited by JdeB

Hi,

you mean something like Pstart?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Moderators

Purely as a programming exercise, (I am just learning AUTOIT3) I am writing an app launcher. The GUI was the easy part except when I got to where I wanted to right click on one of the launch buttons and have a dialog come up that would allow me to pick the executable to be assigned to that button. Try as I might, I just can't seem to get it done.

I can make the whole thing work very nicely if I HARD CODE each executable to a button, but that defeats the purpose of learning.

Also , using the $BS_ICON function (is that a function? operator?), I have the primary icon of each program displayed on the relevant button.

The only other issue I have (so far) is that I wanted the dialog with the buttons to 'pop out' of the much smaller persistant dialog, (which uses WS_EX_TOPMOST to make it stick).

I couldn't seem to write a child window that would do this like I wanted (cosmetically), so the dialog with the buttons is actually a seperate app called by the first app.

One thing I DID get right is when an executable is successfully launched, the larger 'button box' closes , leaving the tiny launcher of the button dialog. I still don't know how I did this, but I'm not complaining.

Help on any or all of this would be greatly appreciated.

michaelb

m10131950 at yahoo dot com

P.S. I will cheerfully email the code to anyone volunteering help.

Look at (AutoIt Beta ... I don't know if it's in the release)

GUICtrlCreateContextMenu() ... There's an example of how to do it with a button.

Also... $BS_ICON is a style that can be found in the help file under GUI Control Styles.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Check out Context Menu's in the helpfile or search it on the forums.

Edit: Smoke beat me to it ;)

Edited by mikehunt114
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]