GUI Help.

OK... after I work this, and a couple other things out... I might finally have my monopoly done! (We all know everyone has been waiting!)

When you press the add house button... everything on the GUI just stops working, and I can't seem to figure out why.

If you are looking to help me out, take a look at the AddHouseGUIPart Function in the AI.au3 file of the zip.

Here is a link to download:

Download Link!

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

OK... after I work this, and a couple other things out... I might finally have my monopoly done! (We all know everyone has been waiting!)

When you press the add house button... everything on the GUI just stops working, and I can't seem to figure out why.

If you are looking to help me out, take a look at the AddHouseGUIPart Function in the AI.au3 file of the zip.

Here is a link to download:

Download Link!

Hello

When your in your main loop you do a GUIgetMsg to know where you're acting.

Then in the AddHouseGUIPart you also make a loop. I think you're stuck in it.

I think it's better to have a param in the AddHouseGUIPart Func like AddHouseGUIPart($place) and in the AddHouseGUIPart Func do the action with testing the $Place value like this

in Board.au3

while 1
    Case $msg = $AddHouseButton
         AddHouseGUIPart($currentPlayerPos)
wend

in AI.au3
Func AddHouseGUIPart($place)
        _Addhouse(1,$place)
        Return 1
EndFunc
Edited by tresa

Doing that would mean that you would only be able to buy a house for a property if you landed on it after you bought it... But in real life you can buy one on any property that is capable of having one on it, at any time.

Anywho, you pointed out the $msg = GUIGetMsg(), and I added that to the AddHouseGUIPart, and now it works perfectly! Thanks for the reminder! ;)

EDIT: after the game becomes playable... I might put a black pic around the properties that cant have houses on them to make it more easier to tell, and of course I will add a picture of a monopoly house and hotel after one is bought.

Edited by Kickassjoe

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.