.exe exit codes - what do they mean?

jp10558

So, I'm deploying compiled AutoIT Scripts, and my deployment tool gives the exe exit code after it's run. I've seen 130, which seems to be that it ran without problem. I recently saw 138 however, and wondered if

a) someone could tell me what that meant

and

;) if there is a listing of possible exit codes and their meaning.

So, I'm deploying compiled AutoIT Scripts, and my deployment tool gives the exe exit code after it's run. I've seen 130, which seems to be that it ran without problem. I recently saw 138 however, and wondered if

a) someone could tell me what that meant

and

;) if there is a listing of possible exit codes and their meaning.

In your script, you control the exit codes. See the help file. for Exit().

Usually, exit codes of zero means normal termination.

The exit codes of other applications are determined by their programmers. Consult the documentation for a list of their error codes.

So, when you use RunWait() to call an external app, if you call it like so:

$el = RunWait('foo.exe') oÝ÷ Ù.q©íéæjG¢×¥(Öëjw!xyȬìm«víëÚç¨MúzV®¶­s`¦bb33c¶VÂÒFV⢲FòvööB7GVf`¦VÇ6P¢²æFÆRFRW'&÷ ¦VæF`

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Have you checked the logs for agent execution ("OcsLogon.log" and "computer_name.log") and Apache, especially Apache "error.log" file. As mentioned here. Otherwise a forum is here to question the exit code.

We can help with AutoIt code but exit codes from a 3rd party software is for them to help you understand and hopefully we can come together towards a solution.