_IsPressed vs HotkeySet

MadBoy

Hey, Is it possible to use ASCII codes that are used in IsPressed in HotKeySet. It seems that some keys differ a lot on diffrent keyboards and having it in ASCII codes that user knows would be much easier for me to give that option?

Tnx

Madboy

Edit: nm i think Send has full description on that. It's missing in HotKeySet should be added there aswell.

Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

;)

What do you mean by different keyboards??? Are you talking about for different countries? Every keyboard I've ever seen for the US has the same layout. The way you are describing it, you are trying to do something that handles ANY keyboard, no matter what country it is being used. Am I right on this, or do I need a dork slap for I'm compleatly lost on what you are asking for.

Edit: nm i think Send has full description on that. It's missing in HotKeySet should be added there aswell.

I disagree...HotKeySet () even says "same format as send" so obviously someone should look at send if looking for special characters in HotKeySet. no reason to repeat the exact same documentation...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

*dork slaps vollyman just beause* ;)

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

• Developers

Which part isn't clear enough ? Send() is even a link to the page ...

Parameters

key The key(s) to use as the hotkey. Same format as Send().

function [optional] The name of the function to call when the key is pressed. Leave blank to unset a previous hotkey.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Which part isn't clear enough ? Send() is even a link to the page ...

I will actually need some help here :lmao:

My friend wants to use: § as HotKey. I don't have that on my keyboard. He has it in place of my ~ (next to number 1). Anyways. That Hotkey seems to work for Swedish guy but doesn't work for Swiss. And they both pasted me the same char. So i tried to use ASCII - 167 as it's the sing he needs. Tested it and it doesn't work for him. He can type § without problems (while Hotkey should takeover that button totally). So i wonder where i did wrong. I didn't managed to do it with Hex as i don't know how (0xA7) I tried it this way:

Global $map_button = IniRead($settings, "MISC", "map_button", "")

$chr = chr( $map_button )
HotKeySet($chr, 'SendPacket')
oÝ÷ ٩ݶ¬Á¬ºÚ"µÍÝÙ^TÙ]
    ÌÎNéÉÌÎNË    ÌÎNÔÙ[XÚÙ]    ÌÎNÊB

Any more ideas ?;)

what button pressing is required to get this '§' ???

$Buttons_required = "+!^S" ; just as an example

HotKeySet($Buttons_required, 'SendPacket')

8)

Well normally you can get it by pressing ALT and typing 167 or 0167 on num keypad. My friend which uses Swiss-German keyboard has it on the left from the number 1 (right under ESC). I have diffrent stuff there.

http://www.answers.com/topic/keyboard-layou and search for Swiss German keyboard.

@xcal: i think i already tried it but i'll try it again

@manadar: tnx for suggestion, will see what it is ;)

I have used:

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "EndScript")
$Key = Chr(0167)
HotKeySet($Key, "fSpace")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func EndScript()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func fSpace()
    MsgBox(0, "title", "yeah")
EndFunc

as suggested in that post of xcal but it doesn't work for my guy :lmao: DUnno why. He is still able to type:

§§§§§§§§