AutoIT GUI Designer

colba

NOTE: I tried to post this into the example scripts forum but I can't post there for some reason :lmao:

I wanted to contribute something to the AutoIT communtity so here goes...............

The attached script is a GUI designer. This is the first version, I'll add more functionality as I get time or need it.

To use it:

* Click on a button in the AGD ToolBox for the type of control you want and a control will be added to the top left of the AutoIt GUI Designer window.

* The control can then be moved or resized (click near an edge of the control) using the mouse.

* To save the layout click on the Save button.

* To load a previously saved layout click on the Load Button.

* Clicking on the Gen Code button save an AutoIT .au3 file with the code to recreate the GUI you have designed. This 'template' contains the message handling and stub functions where you can add your code for each control.

It does not use any DLL's or UDF's.

It has saved me a load of time creating GUI's, give it a go. ;)

AGD_V01.au3

• Developers

NOTE: I tried to post this into the example scripts forum but I can't post there for some reason :lmao:

You will be capable to post in Examples when your Group name isn't "Members" anymore but changed to "Full Members"..

This was setup to prevent the constant issue with new members posting in the wrong forum.

;)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

As SolidSnake said there is fully functional GUI designer: Koda.

Link to Koda is here it's also part of Scite4Autoit3 installer.

So why reinvent wheel with very limited usability compared to Koda features :lmao:

Mainly to help me learn how to use the various GUI features in AutoIT.

I also thought it might be useful for other people as an example.

It is in no way meant to be a replacement for Koda (is it written in AutoIt or C or something else ?). It only took an hour of so to write where as Koda has been developed over months so it obviously wont have anywhere near to usability of Koda.

People always reinvent the wheel, there is more than one way to skin a cat. The same could be said for why was AutoIT developed when you have much more power using Visual C++ etc etc etc. ;)

It is in no way meant to be a replacement for Koda (is it written in AutoIt or C or something else ?).

IIRC it was written in Delphi.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...