Monopoly!

Kickassjoe

Monopoly is finally here! Some thought it would be impossible, but it's here.

This is a fully playable version of the game, (except for dealing with being in jail) but I will be updating this, and making it look better, and be easier to see what the computer is doing, maybe even make a player vs. player version, and choosable number of computers. This is not nearly done in my eyes, but... It is playable, and therefore, I would like to share it with the AutoIt Community!

I still have a LARGE to-do list, and if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them, and may use them to better the game.

ENJOY

Notes:

After pressing the add or sell house buttons, you must click on a property that you want to add or sell a house from

I added a compiled version of the game in the download file, so that even if you don't have AutoIt, you can play the game. Run the Board.au3, or the Board.exe to play the game!

Non-working functions:

Jail

Collecting money when Go is passed

Community chest cards & actions

Chance actions

I think that I have covered all of them, if not, post them if you find any.

***** Update: Version 1.16*****

Fixed errors

Added house/hotel pictures when buying houses

Added End of Game Handling

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***** Update: Version 1.17*****

Fixed the _Collectrent() Function

Fixed Chance Card Handling

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***** Update: Version 1.18*****

Made the Board readable

Fixed errors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***** Update Version 1.19*****

Added Save Game Button/Function

Added Load Game Button/Function

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***** Update Version 1.20*****

Made game pieces move 1 space at a time

Fixed small errors

To-Do List:

!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Xskinable GUI (user-defined)

Property information on mouseover/buttonclick

Include Community Chest cards

Community Chest and Chance Event Handlers

Jail Event Handler

Errors:

!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Skips corners when moving

Freezes randomly

Errors about Arrays

Number of previous downloads: 189 +/-

Download: Here!

File got too big to attach...

Edited by Kickassjoe

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

oh wait, the zip file is empty. lol

No doubt, thought I was losing my mind!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Fixed! I hope

no

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Hmmm... The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process...? Why don't you just upload the .zip with the source to your post?

EDIT: Just downloaded it, it's still an empty zip folder... try uploading it to your post?

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

very strange indeed.... after I uploaded it, I downloaded it, and got the files I was supposed to... but on my laptop, it appears that the zip is empty... I didn't want to upload it to the post, because the exe is so large, and there are a lot of bmp's in the data folder... but I will get on my desktop and try.

Error!??

First error I found:

I chose pieces and named both player. I click on roll. I clicked on buy curent property. I clicked on Add House. I didn't have enough money or because I don't own all 3 properties, it didn't work. Game Froze.

Second error I found:

I landed on Chance the second time i played. I click on End Turn. Was I supposed to click on the Chance Card pile? There should be some kind of notification to tell you that you're on Chance and you must draw a card, and the End Turn button shouldn't work until you've drawn... or do the cards not currently work? Maybe a GUI that pops up with a picture of a random card, then it maybe it makes the $Card1 variable equal 1 so it knows not to use that card again until all of the card variables equal one (just an example variable I haven't viewed source).

Third error I found:

Not sure where this one came from? (Look at attached image)

EDIT: Can't upload image... Dunno why?

[Error]

AutoIt Error

Line 0 (File "C:\Documents and Settings\..... Monopoly Game\Board.exe")

If $numofhouses1 <= $numofhouses2 And $numofhouses1 <= $numofhouses3 Then

If ^ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

[/error]

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Error!??

First error I found:

I chose pieces and named both player. I click on roll. I clicked on buy curent property. I clicked on Add House. I didn't have enough money or because I don't own all 3 properties, it didn't work. Game Froze.

Second error I found:

I landed on Chance the second time i played. I click on End Turn. Was I supposed to click on the Chance Card pile? There should be some kind of notification to tell you that you're on Chance and you must draw a card, and the End Turn button shouldn't work until you've drawn... or do the cards not currently work? Maybe a GUI that pops up with a picture of a random card, then it maybe it makes the $Card1 variable equal 1 so it knows not to use that card again until all of the card variables equal one (just an example variable I haven't viewed source).

Third error I found:

- Dan [Website]

Error!??

First error I found:

Second error I found:

Third error I found:

[Error]

AutoIt Error

If ^ERROR

[/error]

- Dan [Website]

Error!??

First error I found:

Second error I found:

Third error I found:

[Error]

AutoIt Error

If ^ERROR

[/error]

- Dan [Website]

Never had that happen before. Are you sure it wasn't the computer that landed on chance? When you land on chance, a msgbox is supposed to pop up, with the description of what is happening... and then it does the actions of the chance card once you exit the msgbox. Not all of the Chance actions work (It doesn't do what it says on the card sometimes, after it shows the "card").

The add house button doesn't work how I think that you think it works (I don't think you get how it works). You have to click a property after you click the add house button, to add a house to that property, the sell house button works the same way. I will add that to first post.

If you don't want to add a house, you can just click on the go button.

EDIT: and you probably couldn't upload the img (if you mean attach to post?) because there is only 54k of global space left for the post. :lmao:

updating the download link in first post to fix the undeclared variables that you found, thanks

and if you didn't know, you posted like 5 times ;)

Edited by Kickassjoe