IRC Service Bot

I need to create a service bot for my channel on IRC, but I am unaware of any technology that will allow me to do this. I absolutley refuse to use any scripting languages that are built-in to a client because they all suck. I was wondering if there was anyway in which it was possible for me to create an IRC bot with autoit. If so, please walk me through the steps and provide a simple example of how to do it. From there, I will be able to manage on my own. Thank you, that is all I need.

I absolutley refuse to use any scripting languages that are built-in to a client because they all suck.

Oh really? Just because you are incompetent at something does not mean the tools you are using suck. You're going to find that writing an IRC bot using mIRC's scripting language is going to be a hell of a lot easier than writing everything from scratch in a language like AutoIt. Especially since you're wanting something now but apparently don't want to put effort into it.

I need to create a service bot for my channel on IRC, but I am unaware of any technology that will allow me to do this. I absolutley refuse to use any scripting languages that are built-in to a client because they all suck. I was wondering if there was anyway in which it was possible for me to create an IRC bot with autoit. If so, please walk me through the steps and provide a simple example of how to do it. From there, I will be able to manage on my own. Thank you, that is all I need.

It's definitely possible to create such an IRC bot with AutoIt. I've been meaning to get around to it for some time now.

Walk you through the steps of creating one? I'm sorry, but that's a pretty tall order. It's not a simple 10-minute thing.

Here are some links on this forum to help get you started, found by doing a simple search for "irc bot."

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&hl=irc+bot

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=20889&hl=

This is a great community of very helpful and knowledgeable people - however, in general they prefer to help those who help themselves first.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

Oh really? Just because you are incompetent at something does not mean the tools you are using suck. You're going to find that writing an IRC bot using mIRC's scripting language is going to be a hell of a lot easier than writing everything from scratch in a language like AutoIt. Especially since you're wanting something now but apparently don't want to put effort into it.

Valik, I most certianly am not incompetent. I simply do not have the registered version of any of those clients, so my efforts would be in vein because I would no longer be able to enjoy what I have created after the evalulation period expires. You should be able to figure something as simple as that out. Furthermore, many of the clients simply have crappy scripting languages, which I in no wise intend to learn. I do not want to fill my head with baloney routines and cheesy code.

And I suggest you treat people with more respect. If you respect me, I will respect you. OK?

It's definitely possible to create such an IRC bot with AutoIt. I've been meaning to get around to it for some time now.

Walk you through the steps of creating one? I'm sorry, but that's a pretty tall order. It's not a simple 10-minute thing.

Here are some links on this forum to help get you started, found by doing a simple search for "irc bot."

This is a great community of very helpful and knowledgeable people - however, in general they prefer to help those who help themselves first.

-S

Thank you, your contribution was certianly more helpful than Valik's. I appreciate it.

Edited by I need help.

Not hard much if you know your correct functions needed.

Look in the Online Documentation For:

TCPStartup ()
TCPConnect ()
TCPRecv ()
TCPSend ()

Remember this sends "RAW" TCP Data. Someone posted an IRC Connect in Example Scripts, I posted my useful func there.

It is possible (has his own IRC Bot, in au3) mine does Trivia, 8ball, Laugh, Access etc...

-S

What code can I implement that will wait until the server shuts up so I can safely send commands?

I have already tried the do until loop thing, wherein I waited until $recv = "". But it doesn't seem to work.

I haven't coded for a very long time, so you'll need to have patience with me. It's going to take some time for me to work my way back up to the level I was once at.

Valik, I most certianly am not incompetent. I simply do not have the registered version of any of those clients, so my efforts would be in vein because I would no longer be able to enjoy what I have created after the evalulation period expires. You should be able to figure something as simple as that out. Furthermore, many of the clients simply have crappy scripting languages, which I in no wise intend to learn. I do not want to fill my head with baloney routines and cheesy code.

And I suggest you treat people with more respect. If you respect me, I will respect you. OK?

The last time I checked, mIRC was shareware. I don't recall it becoming crippled after the "trial" expired, just a nag screen. Also, the last time I checked, mIRC's scripting language was extremely powerful. Powerful enough that IRC servers could be written in it. That's not a bad language when the client can be used to implement the server.

So do you have any other bullshit stories you want to try to tell us so we'll do the work for you or you think you can either put forth some effort now or get lost?

The last time I checked, mIRC was shareware. I don't recall it becoming crippled after the "trial" expired, just a nag screen. Also, the last time I checked, mIRC's scripting language was extremely powerful. Powerful enough that IRC servers could be written in it. That's not a bad language when the client can be used to implement the server.

So do you have any other bullshit stories you want to try to tell us so we'll do the work for you or you think you can either put forth some effort now or get lost?

I must apologize Valik. I was unaware of those facts.

They were not bullshit stories, but merely a display of my ignorance. You will have to forgive me.

How do I access mIRC's scripting functionality?

Edited by I need help.

I know this has been asked before, because I've searched the forums. However, from the limited resource I've found so far, I have not gotten anything to work.

Invisibly connect to a irc channel and send text when i tell me script to send.

this should be totally invisible, or it wnt look very professinol

Thanks in advance

I request some simple IRC commands. Just ones for connecting, recieving message, and sending them. That would make my life a hell of alot easier. Otherwise, I would have to exert great effort into wrapping my mind around the TCP way of doing that again, and that is going to hurt.

How come so many noobs need a irc bot lately? Are they the same noob? ;)

I must apologize Valik. I was unaware of those facts.

They were not bullshit stories, but merely a display of my ignorance. You will have to forgive me.

How do I access mIRC's scripting functionality?

don't expect mirc support here...

How come so many noobs need a irc bot lately? Are they the same noob? ;)

or is there a new irc hype? :lmao:
CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

mIRC has a helpfile that is nearly as good as AutoIt's helpfile.

Also there is a whole lot on line for tips for scripting.

Used to be admin on a few sites, wrote a game bot and an admin bot when I was into it.

So I know how good the scripting is in mirc.

Have fun.

@i_need_help

I don't do that stuff any more so don't even bother asking for help.

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

There are a ton of pre-made bots to choose from. A quick Goole search turned up quite a few hits.

Of course, running someone elses code may put you at risk. None of the code is compiled though so it is fairly easy to open them up and take a look at what is going on.

Edit: Fat fingers.

Edited by Snarg

A little reading goes a long way. Post count means nothing.

• 11 months later...