Function Calls via Remote Server?

jpoteet

Hi all....

I have setup a remote server based on Autoit Smith's code and am able to connect and send commands to it with no problem. But if I try to set up a function on the server side and send a call to it via the client, nothing happens. Is there some sort of limitation to sending function calls to the remote server? If I break apart the function and just send it over as a one line command it seems to work fine. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

JP

I have tried as suggested but am still having problems..... I have pretty much given up on the remote function calls as I cannot find a way to make this work....but I am now having problems trying to send over the following commands

I am sending this over from the client which tells the server to read an .ini file and return a value. to the client...

$Socket = TCPConnect ($ServerIP, $Port)
    TCPSend ($Socket, "If IniRead('C:\Program Files\Blah\Blah.ini', '"& @ComputerName &"', 'Remote', '0') = 1 Then TCPSend ($Socket, 'Remote Yes')")

Problem is that the server does not seem to recognize the $Socket and gives me the error:

"Error - Variable used without being declared"

The server does have the $Socket variable declared so I have a feeling my syntax may be off on what I am sending over. Any help would be appreciated......

Thanks,

JP

happens. Is there some sort of limitation to sending function calls to the remote server? If I break apart the function and just send it over as a one line command it seems to work fine. Any help is appreciated.

It's designed to execute only one line of AutoIT code!

Func AutoItExecute($Cmd)
    RunWait(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "' & $Cmd & '"')
EndFunc

If you want to change that, you'll have to rewrite some of AutoIT Smith's code.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *