Pangaea Web Server

theguy0000

Version 1.1:

Pangaea_1.1.zip

Hello,

I looked at the DtTvB's Web server, and it looked very interesting. So I inspected the code, decided I would try to improve it, and actually I ended up "improving" it so much, that I re-wrote the whole thing. :lmao:

So, here's my "Pangaea Private use Web Server".

This is only a rough, early release, and is not compliant with many HTTP 1.1 standards.

ToDo:

• CGI - a big one. pretty tough, so might be a little while, but definitely a priority of mine.
  • Directory listing - not so big, but I'll get to it....
  • Control panel to modify config.ini - it stinks to have to go and edit that fugly text file, so I'll make a web-based control panel to do it.
  • Add the HEAD method - nothing that would be noticed by the average user, but required for the HTTP 1.1 standards. Completed Version 1.1 (12-02-2006)
  • generally just make it live up to all the standards... Completed Version 1.1 (12-02-2006)
have fun ;)

and yes you'll notice that some parts are similar to DtTvB's code, that's what inspired this...

example at http://pangaea.theguy0000.com/ (if it doesnt work for you, use http://71.196.128.251:4150/)

---------------------------

History

Version 1.1

December 2, 2002

• Added: HEAD method
  • Added: 501 Not Implemented error when the client uses an unrecognized method
  • Added: sends "last-modified" header in response message; this allows the client to use caching and other bandwidth-saving activities.
  • Added: sends "Date" header in response; also for caching
  • Added: send "content-length" header in response message; not strictly required but it's better to just put it in there anyway.
  • Added: now requires the "Host:" header from HTTP/1.1 clients; this is required to comply with HTTP/1.1
---------------------------

Older Versions:

Version 1.0 (Please use Version 1.1 at the top of the post - version 1.0 is not HTTP/1.1 compliant)

Pangaea_1.0.zip

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

*cough**cough*

Put up a test page

*cough**cough*

erm...not much to show, no fancy styles like DtTvB's, but here:

http://pangaea.theguy0000.com

I just set up that redirect, so some of the "slower" ISPs will have a little trouble, so if it doesn't work for you, just go straight to http://71.196.128.251:4150/

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Both worked fine

yes, but it takes a little time for some ISPs to update their DNS records, so it won't work for everyone for probably a couple hours or so...

the real url is actually just a cloaked redirect to the second one anyway

Edited by theguy0000

Congratulations! But I can't get in to your server, because Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 71.196.128.251:4150.

Ahh, I forgot to look at those ini functions..

It makes heavy use of arrays, but it looks really good, small and clean..

By the way, what is #region?

Edited by the DtTvB

Congratulations! But I can't get in to your server, because Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 71.196.128.251:4150.

Ahh, I forgot to look at those ini functions..

It makes heavy use of arrays, but it looks really good, small and clean..

It seems to be getting a ton of requests here...I think...this is wierd...

Yay, it works. hello

By the way, what is #region, may I ask again?

And another question, what is Pangaea?

#region doesnt really do anything, just organizational to make the code readable

UPDATE

Version 1.1

December 2, 2006

• Added: HEAD method
  • Added: 501 Not Implemented error when the client uses an unrecognized method
  • Added: sends "last-modified" header in response message; this allows the client to use caching and other bandwidth-saving activities.
  • Added: sends "Date" header in response; also for caching
  • Added: send "content-length" header in response message; not strictly required but it's better to just put it in there anyway.
  • Added: now requires the "Host:" header from HTTP/1.1 clients; this is required to comply with HTTP/1.1
Edited by theguy0000

im' thinking about replacing abyss with this or DtTvb's server. If you can add au3 support to this one, i will replace immediately

That will have to wait until my Winter Break, starting December 16th. That would require CGI, and that is a very very big project.

Unfortunately, I can't really compete with DtTvB's server since he has half the forum making updates for him :evil:;)

But thats Ok I would rather be able to say that I made everything here myself.

I will however try to finish everything on my todo list by tonight :lmao: