TCP Basic Authentication

I will try to keep this brief...

My PC lives on a network that requires the user to type in a username & password combo every 4 hours. I am trying to get rid of the visible username/password screen by making a program to authenticate in the background. I don't know much about TCP/IP, but I am willing to learn anything.

Is there a way to detect a basic authentication challenge using TCP and AutoIt?

-Cool-

I will try to keep this brief...

My PC lives on a network that requires the user to type in a username & password combo every 4 hours. I am trying to get rid of the visible username/password screen by making a program to authenticate in the background. I don't know much about TCP/IP, but I am willing to learn anything.

Is there a way to detect a basic authentication challenge using TCP and AutoIt?

-Cool-

I'm pretty sure that TCP has nothing to do with your authentication issue. So, what exactly forces you to authenticate? Windows? Any application? Anything else?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Well, perhaps something like this would help you a bit:

While 1
    If Not WinExists("Untitled -") Then
    Sleep(1000)
    Else
    ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", "TESTING")
    ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

Open notepad, minimize it.. and run the script ;)

Neo

Edited by NeoFoX

[center][font="Arial"]--- The Neo and Only --- [/font][font="Arial"]--Projects---[/font]Image to Text converterText to ASCII converter[/center]

Well, perhaps something like this would help you a bit:

While 1
    If Not WinExists("Untitled -") Then
    Sleep(1000)
    Else
    ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", "TESTING")
    ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

Open notepad, minimize it.. and run the script ;)

Neo

What are you dribbling about? :lmao:
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

What are you dribbling about? :lmao:

Well.. if it's an 'Pop-up box' or a 'Log-in screen'... you can wait until it's active and then send your login info.

Maybe, my example isn't in that shape... but it can be used for this purpose ;)

Neo

[center][font="Arial"]--- The Neo and Only --- [/font][font="Arial"]--Projects---[/font]Image to Text converterText to ASCII converter[/center]

Well.. if it's an 'Pop-up box' or a 'Log-in screen'... you can wait until it's active and then send your login info...

This is possible, but the box changes depending on what program gets the challenge. IE is different than Firefox is different than Opera is different than Winamp... you get the point. I am looking to build a program that catches the challenge before any other program knows about it.

-Cool-

Well.. if it's an 'Pop-up box' or a 'Log-in screen'... you can wait until it's active and then send your login info.

Maybe, my example isn't in that shape... but it can be used for this purpose ;)

Neo

Ah, I thought he was talking about TCP.
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Ah, I thought he was talking about TCP.

Sigh... they allways talk about TCP ..... even if the problem is not at ALL related to TCP.....

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *