Exporting Outlook Calendar as Webpage

Guest manboak

Guest manboak

Hi - Under the File Menu in Outlook 2003 you can 'Save as Web Page' - I would like to automate this so that others can look at my calendar on a network drive or (ideally) get it ftp'd to a website for people outside my network.

I've spent about 3 hours trying a variety of approaches. My VBA is pretty weak so I thought Autoit would fill the gap but nothing seems to work. I can get autoit to open outlook in the Calendar view (using a command line switch) but I can access the appropriate menu control.

Below is the syntax I've tried - much of it was commented out after it did not work. Any help would be appreciated. This is my last try for a few months on this as I can't justify spending more hours on this right now.

Thanks, Seth

Run ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar")

WinWaitActive ("Calendar - ", "")

;none of the functions below seem to work

;Send ("!f")

;ControlFocus ("Calendar - ", "Microsoft Outlook", "NetUIHWND1" )

;ControlClick ("Calendar - ", "Microsoft Outlook", "MsoCommandBar1" )

;WinMenuSelectItem ("Calendar -","","&f","Save as Web Page...")

Hi - Under the File Menu in Outlook 2003 you can 'Save as Web Page' - I would like to automate this so that others can look at my calendar on a network drive or (ideally) get it ftp'd to a website for people outside my network.

I've spent about 3 hours trying a variety of approaches. My VBA is pretty weak so I thought Autoit would fill the gap but nothing seems to work. I can get autoit to open outlook in the Calendar view (using a command line switch) but I can access the appropriate menu control.

Below is the syntax I've tried - much of it was commented out after it did not work. Any help would be appreciated. This is my last try for a few months on this as I can't justify spending more hours on this right now.

Thanks, Seth

Run ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar")

WinWaitActive ("Calendar - ", "")

;none of the functions below seem to work

;Send ("!f")

;ControlFocus ("Calendar - ", "Microsoft Outlook", "NetUIHWND1" )

;ControlClick ("Calendar - ", "Microsoft Outlook", "MsoCommandBar1" )

;WinMenuSelectItem ("Calendar -","","&f","Save as Web Page...")

Old fashion but can you tab to the controls you need?

Rick

Only $2.00 with Resale Rights How to Block Better for Martial Artists and NonMartial Artistshttp://kirkhamsebooks.com/MartialArts/Bloc...tterEbook_m.htm

Guest manboak

Thanks Rick - no I can't tab because the default focus is on the first calender entry, not on the menu controls. Repeated tabbing just takes me through all my appointments. Hope that makes sense. -Seth

Hi.

I think you should go with the WinMenuSelectItem approach.

But due to the hide underlined letters feature in recent windows versions it can sometimes be tricky to see how menuitems should be called.

The WinMenuSelectItem also seem to be case-sensitive, plus you have to type &File instead of just &f, it does NOT work as SEND.

Let's test...

First a working example.

Run ("notepad")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled -", "")
WinMenuSelectItem ("Untitled -","","&File","Save &As...")

Next a non working...

Run ("notepad")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled -", "")
WinMenuSelectItem ("Untitled -","","&file","Save &As...")

The only difference is the &file

I say good luck with it.

Sorry I couldn't provide a complete example, but I do not use Outlook myself.

Have you tried:

Send ("{ALTDOWN}")

Send ("F")

Send ("{ALTUP}")

Send ("A")

Don´t know if the command is correct, but you got the idea

Then its enough if the window is focused.

Were ever i lay my script is my home...

Guest manboak

Thanks Doxie - worked great. I ended up using the script below to export my calendar, still need to automate the ftp...but that isn't a ms product :-)

Cheers, Seth

Run ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar")

WinWaitActive ("Calendar -","")

Send("{ALTDOWN}")

Send("F")

Send("{ALTUP}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{enter}")

Send("{enter}")

Thanks Doxie - worked great. I ended up using the script below to export my calendar, still need to automate the ftp...but that isn't a ms product :-)

Cheers, Seth

Run ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar")

Send("{ALTDOWN}")

Send("F")

Send("{ALTUP}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{enter}")

Send("{enter}")

Hmmmmm

I seem to recall someone asking you if you could tab?

lol

Rick

Only $2.00 with Resale Rights How to Block Better for Martial Artists and NonMartial Artistshttp://kirkhamsebooks.com/MartialArts/Bloc...tterEbook_m.htm

Cheers, Seth

Send("{ALTDOWN}")

Send("F")

Send("{ALTUP}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("{enter}")

Send("{enter}")

You can save a few lines.

Send("!f")
Send("{Tab 4}")
Send("{enter 2}")

Single keys can also be repeated, e.g.

Send("{DEL 4}") ;Presses the DEL key 4 times

Send("{S 30}") ;Sends 30 'S' characters

Send("+{TAB 4}) ;Presses SHIFT+TAB 4 times

also sending "F" is sending shift+f, sending "f" sends only "f", so "!f" will probably work where "!F" wasn't.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)