.au3 -->fake .exe?

walle

Hey!

I'm using the torrent tracker Utorrent, and it got a features that it lauches a .exe file

after the torrent file downloaded. I notice that it wont load .exe converted files that

I'm converted from .au3. Tried thousand of other .exe, and even converted .bat -->.exe

and all of them work.

What's wrong, can i converted them in some other way?

• Moderators

Just changing the extension of a file doesn't make it the type of file you are changing the extension to.

Use the Compiler in SciTe (under tools) to compile and make it an actual .exe.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Just changing the extension of a file doesn't make it the type of file you are changing the extension to.

Use the Compiler in SciTe (under tools) to compile and make it an actual .exe.

Used Autoit's complier when I converted into .exe

If I'm understanding this correctly, you made an .au3 file in autoit and it works, but you want to compile it to .exe so you could have it run from uTorrent. so you then used AutoIt's converter to convert it to an .exe, but it still won't work in your torrent thing. Am I on the right track?

If so, one thing that might be worth trying is removing the UPX Compression on the .exe when you compile it.

Not sure it will work, but it couldn't really hurt anything to try.

Edited by Paulie

Oki, How do I remvoe the "UPX compression"?

Btw, thanks for the help ;)

Under the Compression menu in Aut2Exe, uncheck UPX Compress .exe stub.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

kk, thx for the information

Well, don't think we gonna solve this, so start working on a "Work around". For the moment I'm using a converted .bat file that will open my converted .au3 file. But the thing is, my script uses the command "@scriptname", and I changes the scripts name everytime I use it.

So every time I need to change the scipts titel/name I need to change the .bat file and then recomplie it. Very frustrating!

Edit: Is there a function that could reconise if the torrent file has finshed downloading??

Edited by walle