Send () +$variable, possible?

Hiya, everyone.

I'm a noob when it comes to scripting, so I've got the following question:

Is it possible to create a script that opens a Input prompt, which in turn returns your input into a Send( );

It should be something like this:

Prompt:

Who is insane?

[you get a line to enter a name]

And then it returns it with

Send ($var is insane.);

Is that possible?

And if so, could someone write me one?

Thanks in advance,

Jazz.

• Developers

Is that possible?

Yes

And if so, could someone write me one?

No.. what about gining it a try yourself first ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I did, I've already given it countless tries, so far I've managed to get a $var (I think, at least) from the prompt, but I can't get it to actually type itself out in Send ( )

It just types Send ( $var is insane.) ;)

General observation:

Why is it I only see these type of stupid requests lately ...or is it just me?

Who with a right state of mind asks for this to be Send() ?

Oh, let me guess... we are trying to pull a practical joke .. are we ?

Anyway.. If you want some help ... post your stuff here and asked folks what you are doing wrong ...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Here ya go

$Quest=InputBox("Question", "Who is a lazy bugger", "FireShield")
run("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("Untitled")
Send($Quest & " is a lazy bugger")

Edit - Minor change

Edited by BigDod

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Perhaps this forum could use a sub-section for us noobs. We wouldn't annoy the gurus with our basic questions, and noobs would be able to read other very basic questions posted by other noobs.

This has been discussed numerous times, for example http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35220

I think if the help and search were used a little more vigorously there might be a little less animosity.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Guest JRowe_1

Here's a programming challenge, then, for some of the more experienced folks:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=21496&st=0

Check out AIML, then create a simple little Newbie bot, for people to run when they first start out. Create a set of standardized responses , like an interactive FAQ.

I'm sure if someone went out and collected all the more common newbie questions and posted in a thread, then people would answer those questions. After that, it's just a matter of loading the Q&A into AIML format, compiling the bot, and putting a notice somewhere that says "IF YOU ARE NEW, DOWNLOAD THIS REALLY COOL BOT THAT TALKS TO YOU AND TEACHES YOU THINGS" , or something like it.

AIML enables something similar to an interactive FAQ. With a little community effort, I'm certain it could be pulled off, and then you could point a noob to wherever it's linked to. And generate interest in chatbots with Autoit. Hell, I'm absolutely certain that one could even integrate the Help files into a bot.

Anyway, theres one noob's contribution ;)

its called Autoit 1-2-3 and it does use sapi's voice com to talk to you and explains it ;)

Which is stated in the FAQ in this section of the forum.

I think what probably really aggrivated JdeB is that this same question was asked earlier in this section.

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Developers

I think what probably really aggrivated JdeB is that this same question was asked earlier in this section.

What aggravates me the most is that there seems to be a tendency lately of new members that register and post a question without spending any time whatsoever to read/learn/search them selves first. and if you look at the OP initial post... Its all kids play probably to play a practical joke on somebody else ...

FireShield, I realise it looks like I am only picking on you, but I am really picking on you AND ALL OTHERS that post stupid questions like this that could easily be solved when you spent 10 minutes in the helpfile learning some basics.

;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.