Animated Gif Background Color Help

In reference to an excellent script at the link here:

Animated Gif UDF

one question though.. is there any way to make the background transparent?? I have a very nice gif I would like to display during the process of a login script, over blue and black desktops and such, but the script causes the animated gif to be displayed in a box with a white background.. I would love it if I could have the animated gif play directly over the desktop instead of having to show the white background.. if it is possible..thanks!! IF not able to make transparent the background, then maybe a way to make the background a specific color maybe??

In reference to an excellent script at the link here:

Animated Gif UDF

one question though.. is there any way to make the background transparent?? I have a very nice gif I would like to display during the process of a login script, over blue and black desktops and such, but the script causes the animated gif to be displayed in a box with a white background.. I would love it if I could have the animated gif play directly over the desktop instead of having to show the white background.. if it is possible..thanks!! IF not able to make transparent the background, then maybe a way to make the background a specific color maybe??

Have you tried setting the $ACS_TRANSPARENT style to your AVI?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I an not using an avi, unfortunately.. I am using a .gif file, although I did try adding $ACS_TRANSPARENT to a guicreate , splash, message box and the kitchen sink!! none of them would animate the gif, so I ended up using the udf from above mentioned site to get the gif to animate, but I seem to be stuck with the background color of white.. thanks for the input..

being the gif is embedded into the IE object, I think it would have to be what can the IE object do that you want.

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Yes, I used a similar format getting my gif to animate with this part of 1 of my older .vbs scripts

strComputer = "."
Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
Set objWMIService = GetObject("Winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * From Win32_DesktopMonitor")
For Each objItem in colItems
    intHorizontal = objItem.ScreenWidth
    intVertical = objItem.ScreenHeight
Next

Set objExplorer = CreateObject _
    ("InternetExplorer.Application")

objExplorer.Navigate "about:blank"   
objExplorer.ToolBar = 0
objExplorer.StatusBar = 0
objExplorer.Left = (intHorizontal - 400) / 2
objExplorer.Top = (intVertical - 200) / 2
objExplorer.Width = 400
objExplorer.Height = 200 
objExplorer.Visible = 1          

objExplorer.document.Body.Style.Cursor = "wait"
objExplorer.document.body.bgColor="red"
objExplorer.document.fgColor="blue"

it was nice because I could set the background color or foreground color, but this script I made looked crappy, and was not very user friendly with my autoit scripts, so I am really hoping to find out if there is some way of setting the same type of values in autoit, transparent preferred, but the ability to make the background a specific colr would be ok too, then I could make it the same color as my desktops are and give it the same effect almost as being transparent.. gafrost.. I know you are a VAST database of knowledge with autoit, so I am hoping someone very knowledgable like yourself might have the solution!!

Thanks!! ;)