Error Allocating message

Mayor

I tried searching the forums for help with this to no avail... so here goes...

I have been porting some scripts from a previous version to one of the new betas. I have come across an error I have not seen before. It could be coincidental that it started happening after I converted to version v3.2.1.13, but maybe not. At the very beginning of a script I will get an error message box titled "AutoIt" with the text "Error Allocating" and the script will stop running. I even encountered this on a small 10 line script which had an infinite loop with a sleep and a pixelchecksum of a small region. I'm not sure if this has to do with memory availability or perhaps its a problem with the new beta that I am not aware of. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-M

• Developers

I tried searching the forums for help with this to no avail... so here goes...

I have been porting some scripts from a previous version to one of the new betas. I have come across an error I have not seen before. It could be coincidental that it started happening after I converted to version v3.2.1.13, but maybe not. At the very beginning of a script I will get an error message box titled "AutoIt" with the text "Error Allocating" and the script will stop running. I even encountered this on a small 10 line script which had an infinite loop with a sleep and a pixelchecksum of a small region. I'm not sure if this has to do with memory availability or perhaps its a problem with the new beta that I am not aware of. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-M

Attach a short script that gives the error and show a screen capure of the error you get ...

;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Alright..... so I went about trying to reproduce the error but could not do so reliably. I have a script that does repoduce it consistently but I cannot put it on the board. I tried using it to make a test script but was unsuccessful. I have however uncovered a problem which is probably closely related to the error message.

I have attached a test script which has a pixelchecksum() which loops until something in the region changes. When running it on 3.2.1.13 there is an issue (it works fine on 3.2.0.1 though). Without touching anything on the screen, the loop will eventually terminate. On my machines, it always terminates on test #9967. It looks like after a certain number of tests, pixelchecksum() stops working for some reason. Maybe a memory issue? I tried looking on the boards to see if pixelchecksum() was touched in the betas but did not find anything about it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

checksumtest.au3

It's amazing how much a single typo can destroy something. Actually, it wasn't even a typo, it was a bad symbol auto-completion which lead to the wrong object being destroyed which lead to the leak. Will be fixed in next version.