self delete

i want to send a program i made to a freind

but i only want him to try it out once

i want the program to self delete

but if it was deleted thin couldnt he just check the recently downloaded...

and redownload?

maybe delet his recenty downloaded then

i have an idea on how this could be done, but if what i want to accomplish is not possble thin i dont want to waist my time...

and redownload?

i have an idea on how this could be done, but if what i want to accomplish is not possble thin i dont want to waist my time...

don't waste your time. What stops your "friend" from copying the program before he runs it?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Moderators

and redownload?

If you open SciTe, make a .au3 file, and type

SelfDelete

And then a space after it, you'll see a self delete function.

The other question, about being able to re-download it... Well, certainly, if the file were still there, and or you didn't make some type of option in your .exe to check to see if it had already been ran on this computer once before or not.

So 2 options would be, write to the registry a file or something so the bot knows that it has in fact been or not been ran on this PC before.

Change your sites options for downloads to only be able to use the download link you sent once. I'm sure there are some PHP scripts out there that could help you do that.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Another "I got a friend" post... I hope your virus bites you in the ass.

Lar.

If it is a virus he won't have a friend for long ;)

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Another "I got a friend" post... I hope your virus bites you in the ass.

Lar.

And another dumbass who didn't bother to search before asking a question. As usual, the thread title was the name of the functionality the user wanted.

You guys are assholes...

Write an ini file to somewhere he won't see with a name he wont suspect with a key he won't think twice about, and check if it exists before running, and if it does don't allow the program to run. If it doesn't exist, let the program run and when it ends write the ini file.

IniWrite(windows folder here, name it key12412042.log, section Main, key "Main", value 4104 or something like that.)

when it starts read for the file or the key.

You guys are assholes...

I don't know, I call somebody an asshole when they ask for something without searching first and then go on title their thread with a search term that would find what they need. I also think assholes are people who barge into threads where they don't know what the hell they are talking about and call other people assholes. And I call people a dumbass when they call two moderators and forum regulars assholes, whether they are being assholes or not.

So the next time you feel compelled to call somebody an asshole, remember, you're the asshole and are probably the dumbass as well.

not really it takes one to know another valik , so you should know that you are also a dumbass!!!

Ahh, the old "It takes one to know one"

Goes right in with:

"I know you are, but what am I?"

or

"I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"

And we can forget the good ol'

"You mom's a dumbass...OHHHHHHHHH! OWN3D!!!11!oneone!!!!!one!1!"

and redownload?

ok lets a take a look...

were did i say "what does selfdelete do"

hmm...i think i see a question mark in there some were..this could meen what

o yea...im asking a question

don't waste your time. What stops your "friend" from copying the program before he runs it?

thanx dev..

and its not a virus..

im selling a program to a few kids...

insted of selfdelete i will just add a timer to shut down after 5 min. sort of a test trial

now...who doesnt know how to read...

I found SelfDelete by searching the forum, but could find no reference to it in the helpfile - which wasn't helpful, but it's pretty self explanatory. I've maybe written something better ... which I may share soon! ;):lmao:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Developers

I found SelfDelete by searching the forum, but could find no reference to it in the helpfile - which wasn't helpful, but it's pretty self explanatory. I've maybe written something better ... which I may share soon! ;):lmao:

Care to explain? Better in what way ? :evil:

... And you are right, _SelfDelete() is never made available in the standard UDF library and thus not in the Helpfile. It is only available as abbreviation in SciTE4AutoIT3 setup. Type selfdelete and hit space.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi JdeB

Care to explain? Better in what way ?

Well it doesn't require the knowledge to build a .cmd file - albeit that appears very simple.

It is also more flexible, in that I'm using it as an generic uninstaller, that you can pass parameters to for all of your scripts, thus making it an uninstaller for all of them. As an uninstaller it asks if you want to remove the whole program folder, or do you want to retain config and user files.

Best of all it's made entirely with AutoIt, and installed to a common location using FileInstall. In fact I only finished version 1 today ... so this topic was one that took my immediate interest.

It will become available one day, but I've used up my quota, and my website isn't happening yet!

;)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

ok lets a take a look...

were did i say "what does selfdelete do"

hmm...i think i see a question mark in there some were..this could meen what

o yea...im asking a question

thanx dev..

and its not a virus..

im selling a program to a few kids...

insted of selfdelete i will just add a timer to shut down after 5 min. sort of a test trial

now...who doesnt know how to read...

i dont see why your still here when you answered your own question like acouple posts back?

I called you guy's asshole's because you were flaming and not helping someone who is asking for help. Instead of just telling him to even search for a specific thing, linking, or helping him, (with the exception of 3 ppl at the time of my post) you just insult him and call him a dumbass for asking for help. I'd be fired instantly if I did that on any of the site's I have a staff position on. If what he was doing isn't allowed, then simply closing the topic would have been good enough - not insulting him. If it is allowed, don't flame people for asking for support.

:/

The search function isn't always perfect.

Edited by darkshadow791