Execute on specific time and date

Quick question.

I was trying to figure out how to get my script to execute on a specific time and date but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Tell me if I'm wrong... I believe I could use the _DateIsValid function to verify the date.

I don't know how to verify the time.

If anyone could show me some example scripts that would be great!

Thanks

• Developers

There are many _Date.. functions available that can do this for you ....

I am sure you can also find many posts with a similar question ...

;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Actually one more question....

Say I wanted that script to run in the background and then when the clock turned to a certain time it then went ahead and poped up the message box. How would I go about doing that?

I have a fairly simple script (50 lines) which runs permanently on my PC. When the time gets to 8pm, it pops up a message asking me if I want to run my backup program. If I ignore it or say yes starts the backups. If I say no it asks if it should try again in 1 hour.

If that sounds like what you want I'll post it for you.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Ya thats basically what I want. Martin could you go ahead and post that script. I'm kind of interested in looking at it actually.

I want something thats going to permantly run in the background and then when it hits a certain time like you said it will cause an action.

Take this code:

If @MON = 7 AND @MDAY = 13 AND @HOUR = 9 AND @MIN = 30 Then MsgBox(64, "", "It's your birthday !")

I want it to keep checking to see if it is the correct time and date.... and if it is to cause the action of the MsgBox

Can someone edit my code so i can could do that?

Thanks

Edited by panhockey1025

Ya thats basically what I want.

I want something thats going to permantly run in the background and then when it hits a certain time like you said it will cause an action.

Thanks

OK this is it, best of luck. This script is just to start a program running at the same time every day but it might get you started.

;schedule to run ZipBak.exe at certain time
;zipback will make backups according to instructions in file backlist.blt then exit

HotKeySet("^!y", "MyExit");CTRL ALT Y will kill this program
$task1done = 0
$debug = 0
$g_szVersion = "mg_sched V1.2"
If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then
 MsgBox(0,'Scheduler error.',$g_szVersion & ' is already running!')
 Exit; It's already running
EndIf
$defaultstart = 20;I want this to operate between 8pm
$defaultToTime = 7; and 7am
$fromtime = $defaultstart
$totime = $defaultToTime
;MsgBox(0,'','Working dir is ' & @WORKINGDIR)
While 1
   ;MsgBox(0,'','start of loop in zipback',2)
    If $fromtime > $totime Then
     $totime = 24 + $totime
    EndIf

If  (@HOUR >= $fromtime) AND (@HOUR < $totime) AND ($task1done = 0) Then
     If MsgBox(4,'Scheduler V1.2 ( start at' & $fromtime & ')','Start backups?',$defaultstart) = 7 Then;No pressed
      If MsgBox(4,'Postpone option.','Try agin in 1 hour?') = 7 Then
       $task1done = 1
      Else
       $fromtime = Mod(@HOUR + 1,24)
       if $fromtime = 0 then $fromtime = 24
       If $fromtime = $totime Then
        $totime = Mod($totime + 1,24);since said yes try again in 1 hr can only do this by extending $totime
       EndIf
      EndIf
     Else
      $val = RunWait('zipback.exe');zipback.exe and backlist.blt must be in same directory as schedule.exe
      If $debug Then MsgBox(0, "ZipBack returned with exit code:", $val,2)
      $task1done = 1
      $totime = $defaultToTime
     EndIf
    EndIf

If $task1done = 1 Then
    If @HOUR < $defaultstart AND @HOUR >= $defaultToTime Then
     $task1done = 0
     $totime = $defaultToTime
    EndIf
   EndIf

Sleep(100000);100 sec

WEnd

Func MyExit()
    MsgBox(0,"Schedule au3 " ,"Aborted Scheduler.")
    Exit
EndFunc
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

That is a pretty interesting script and I can understand what is happening throughout it but I am a complete noob to programming.

Could someone modify this line of code? I would like it to check to see if it is the correct time and date every minute and if it is I would like it to display the MsgBox.

If @MON = 7 AND @MDAY = 13 AND @HOUR = 9 AND @MIN = 30 Then MsgBox(64, "", "It's your birthday !")

Would it just be like a constant For...Next script until it is true? I'm not really sure how to make it work properly.

That is a pretty interesting script and I can understand what is happening throughout it but I am a complete noob to programming.

Could someone modify this line of code? I would like it to check to see if it is the correct time and date every minute and if it is I would like it to display the MsgBox.

Would it just be like a constant For...Next script until it is true? I'm not really sure how to make it work properly.

I would probably do something like this

#include <date.au3>

$bday = StringFormat("%4d/07/13",@YEAR)
$happydone = false
$something = True

while $something

if _DateDiff('d',@YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY ,$bday) = 0  and not $happydone Then
        msgbox(0,"smile!","It's your birthday")
        $happydone = True
    EndIf

WEnd

Not tested, just an idea.

Edited by martin