Programmer's Block ><

I'm in the mood to write or work with someone on a program, but I'm having Programmer's Block.

I can't think of anything usefull to write at the moment.

But I have a surge of creative energy right now and I need to use it.

Anyone have an ideas for a new program or a project I could join?

Need a website: http://www.iconixmarketing.com

I don't know what your skillset is, but I am currently working on several programming projects and I could definitely use help on one that I keep putting aside as a lower priority. I want to scan my network a few times a day to see who is connected to the network. I want to compare the computers connected to the network to the computers I have listed in Active Directory. If a computer is on the network and not listed in Active Directory, I want to be alerted.

I tried using nslookup to get the computer names, but the names were not always accurate, sometimes showing a computer that had the IP lease previously. I have not gone beyond that due to other development projects that have been thrown on me so if you want to tackle this I would be grateful.

I don't know what your skillset is, but I am currently working on several programming projects and I could definitely use help on one that I keep putting aside as a lower priority. I want to scan my network a few times a day to see who is connected to the network. I want to compare the computers connected to the network to the computers I have listed in Active Directory. If a computer is on the network and not listed in Active Directory, I want to be alerted.

I tried using nslookup to get the computer names, but the names were not always accurate, sometimes showing a computer that had the IP lease previously. I have not gone beyond that due to other development projects that have been thrown on me so if you want to tackle this I would be grateful.

This sounds pretty cool and I could use this tool myself. I will start looking into it.

Need a website: http://www.iconixmarketing.com

* scrolls by and thinks to myself that this belongs in chat *

Enough comments om this thanks. If no interest then let the thread die else it may help someone (i.e. support). SerialKiller has asked for support in this topic so let it run it's natural course.