Win32 API - transparent button(s)

tuape

Hi,

Maybe a simple question for you Win32 gurus: how can I create a transparent button in plain C? I have a dialog that has a background image. I want to add couple of buttons to that dialog which would not be seen but would still work as normal buttons. How can I do that?

Better yet, if someone nows how to achieve this in AutoItGUI please let me know.

Although it is best to avoid overlapping controls, you can use labels to simulate buttons. The example creates one "button" in the North-West corner of the background image and another one in the South-East corner.

1) Make sure to create all the labels before you create the background

2) Make sure to set the labels to notify when clicked

3) If you want to be able to cycle-through the psuedo-buttons with the tab key and press a psuedo-button, then you would need to code that your self using the HotKeySet function....

$background = "C:\WINDOWS\Prairie Wind.bmp" ;example image 256 x 256

Opt("GUINotifyMode", 1)
GuiCreate("Example")

$one = GuiSetControl("label", "", 20, 20, 50, 50)
$two = GuiSetControl("label", "", 226, 226, 50, 50)
GuiSetControl("pic", $background, 20, 20)

GuiShow()
While 1
   $msg = GuiMsg(0)
   If $msg = -3 Then Exit
   If $msg = $one Then MsgBox(4096,"", "upper-left corner clicked")
   If $msg = $two Then MsgBox(4096,"", "lower-right corner clicked")
WEnd
Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Cool, just what I was after. Is this as simple with C (probably not!). I have a fully working application done with Win32 API but I can't make buttons 'invisible' and still working...

I knew I should have done this project with AutoIt :ph34r:

I guess I could forget about buttons and draw rectangles to the background bitmap. Then I think I could use PtInRect to find out if user clicks somewhere inside rect area.

Does this sound reasonable? I would appreciate any help / pointers to the right direction.