IE.au3 V2.1-0 (was IE.au3 T2.0-6 pre-release)

DaleHohm

I am preparing a new release of IE.au3 that fixes a small number of bugs and adds several new features.

See the first reply below for examples of new features

This version was released in AutoIt V3.2.2.0

V2.1-0 12/16/06

Fixes

_IEFormElementOptionselect() - fixed problem with using "byText" mode that resulted in always selecting a blank text choice if it existed

_IEAttach() - fixed error generated if certain IE emulators were running (e.g. Firefox IETab extension, Maxthon etc.)

Forced datatype to String for many internal variables where unexpected numerics could have caused erroneous condition matches

Modified _IELoadWait() to trap and report more cases of "Access is Denied" cross-domain security errors

Modified _IEFormElementCheckboxSelect() and _IEFormElementRadioSelect() so that element name resolution is scoped to the form (Thanks martijn)

Enhancements

Modified _IEFormElementSetValue() and _IEFormElement*Select() functions to fire onclick event in addition to onchange event

Generate error if _IEFormElementSetValue() attempted on IMPUT TYPE=FILE element

New Features

_IEPropertyGet() - added referrer, theatermode, toolbar, contenteditable, innertext, outertext, innerhtml, outerhtml, title

_IEPropertySet() - added theatermode, toolbar, contenteditable, innertext, outertext, innerhtml, outerhtml, title, silent

_IEAttach() - added "windowtitle" mode that will attempt to match a substring in the full window title instead of document title

_IEDocInsertText() function added

_IEDocInsertHTML() function added

Changes

_IETableWriteToArray now reads TH (table header) cells into the output array instead of ignoring them

_IEPropertySet removed LocationName and LocationURL that were read-only - please use _IENavigate instead

The new windowtitle mode for _IEAttach() should allow attaching to windows using the full window name returned by WinList() instead of matching just on the document title.

The contentEditable property is rather interesting -- it allows you to interactively edit an existing webpage. You can then read the changes into AutoIt with the new innerText and innerHTML properties.

_IEDocInsertText and _IEDocInsertHTML are also quite interesting for creating dynamic web page content.

More info and examples will follow.

Please post questions, and feedback specific to these features in this thread.

thanks,

Dale

More Info:

__IENavigate() Updates

Note _IENavigate was rolled back to previous syntax. This enhanced function remains as __IENavigate (two underscores) and is not documented. Why? 1) postdata requires a SAFEARRAY and I do not know how to construct one in AutoIt 2) both flags and target can result in opening a new window that is not associated with the initial $oIE object -- more thought required about this.

New syntax:

__IENavigate(ByRef $o_object, $s_Url, $f_wait = 1, $i_flags = 0, $s_target = "", $s_postdata = "", $s_headers = "")

New parameters: $i_flags, $s_target, $s_postdata, $s_headers

MSDN has information on the Navigate metnod that explains these parameters

Here you can find More detail on flags from MSDN

Flags are additive, so combine the ones you want into a single number:

; Flags:
;   navOpenInNewWindow = 0x1, 1
;   navNoHistory = 0x2, 2
;   navNoReadFromCache = 0x4, 4
;   navNoWriteToCache = 0x8, 8
;   navAllowAutosearch = 0x10, 16
;   navBrowserBar = 0x20, 32
;   navHyperlink = 0x40, 64
;   navEnforceRestricted = 0x80, 128
;   navNewWindowsManaged = 0x0100, 256
;   navUntrustedForDownload = 0x0200, 512
;   navTrustedForActiveX = 0x0400, 1024
;   navOpenInNewTab = 0x0800, 2048
;   navOpenInBackgroundTab = 0x1000, 4096
;   navKeepWordWheelText = 0x2000, 8192

2048 and 4096 are obviously the ones that apply to Tabs.

IET2.0.6.au3

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Reserving this reply for examples of new functionality.

------------------------------------------------------------

IE7 Tab Examples:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate()
_Navigate($oIE, "www.autoitscript.com", 1, 2048) ; open in a new tab
_Navigate($oIE, "www.autoitscript.com", 1, 4096) ; open in a new background taboÝ÷ Ùh^Ø^±éÞÂÖ²^Mú 0YM9:h{m¢Ø^»­­«az»h¶¨®("©[®,z¸§²Ö§qäáxÖ¯­zg­]¡ë'¢ÚÞ¶êçj|­)àºÇº[(¶«z+'¡æ¬Ë²¶k¢øzØZ¶ãyËky÷«zw¶¨¹.ßÙe綬x¶ÖÚ¢yÞrÛh¶¦iû^­ÊÞjبÞ'¯{*.ßÙej[(ç¶R.Y¨­¢{azǧ{룮)쵩Üz̨º»öµêíæ­µ§! @èpìz»GLÂìjeyìZ^jëh×6; Insert HTML at the top and bottom of the document
;
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.autoitscript.com")
$oBody = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "body", 0)
_IEDocInsertHTML($oBody, "<h2>This HTML is inserted After Begin</h2>", "afterbegin")
_IEDocInsertHTML($oBody, "<h2>This HTML is inserted Before End</h2>", "beforeend")
Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Reply 2 in this thread has been updated with some interesting examples of the new features in this release.

I'm hoping to entice some more downloads and testing...

Dale

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IET2.0.6.au3 (1101) : ==> Error in expression.:

$o_col = $o_object.document.forms.item ($s_Name)

$o_col = ^ ERROR

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 15.308

The above after the action...

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE,"interactions_form")
If @error <> 0 Then
    MsgBox(16,"Incorrect Page","Could not find field to enter data [1]")
Else
....etc

Thanks user52.

If you haven't, please try the example for _IEFormGetObjByName in the helpfile -- it works fine for me, so I don't think the function is plain old broken.

Please see if you can provide a reproducer.

Dale

how to set LocationURL Property, is it read-only?

I open a thread in the support forum:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37529

thanks

Yes, LocationURL is read-only as is LocationName. Neither should have been included in _IEPropertySet and will be removed. Please use _IENavigate instead.

Thanks for reporting this.

Dale

• Administrators

We are pretty much ready for a public release of AutoIt but I think JP wanted me to hold off a bit to include this new lib. Is it likely to be done this week? No problem if not, I can release anyway but would like to get an idea if possible.

We are pretty much ready for a public release of AutoIt but I think JP wanted me to hold off a bit to include this new lib. Is it likely to be done this week? No problem if not, I can release anyway but would like to get an idea if possible.

Yes, I believe I can have it ready -- I have some updates based on testing and feedback. If you can post or PM me your current goal for the build date I will do what I can to meet it.

thanks,

Dale

Jon, I have a function rewrite somebody sent me which I need to get in before the release as well. I'll try to commit the rewrite tomorrow.

This version has been bumped to V2.1-0 and has been included in AutoIt 3.2.2.0 RC1. Please see the basenote for updated change history.

Thanks to those who tested.

Dale

P.S. Please note that _IENavigate has reverted back to its previous syntax. The new one with the 4 new parameters is undocumented and available in RC1 as __IENavigate (two underscores)

• 2 weeks later...

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\IE.AU3 (290) : ==> Unknown option or bad parameter specified.:

Local $iWinTitleMatchMode = Opt("WinTitleMatchMode")

Return by my programm and crash the programm

On a windows 2000 French version with the last RC3 version of autoit

Edited by LOULOU

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\IE.AU3 (290) : ==> Unknown option or bad parameter specified.:

Local $iWinTitleMatchMode = Opt("WinTitleMatchMode")

Return by my programm and crash the programm

On a windows 2000 French version with the last RC3 version of autoit

That RC3 version is older than the current production version.

It doesn't make sense that that line would Cause an error - it is valid and has not changed in IE.au3 for a very long time.

Dale

That RC3 version is older than the current production version.

It doesn't make sense that that line would Cause an error - it is valid and has not changed in IE.au3 for a very long time.

Dale

I will try with the new version and after i say you what's happen. With the new version it seems there no problem.

Edited by LOULOU

I will try with the new version and after i say you what's happen

Yes, I see it now-reproduce with:

#include <IE.au3>
_IEAttach("foo", "embedded")

I see that you entered an AutoIt bug report. Good. With all the testing that is done it is surprising this got though.

Dale

Hi all,

Shall it be possible to have a dialogbox with hidden property like in this prototype :

_IEAttach ( $s_string [, $s_mode = "Title"] , $f_visible= true)

This is a great use when you have to work with parent hidden windows and popup dialog box

Thanks

@LOULOU

I don't understand your question.

Dale

is it possible you count all the amount of options in a select and then get the names of all of them >_> ?

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

is it possible you count all the amount of options in a select and then get the names of all of them >_> ?

I recently answered this query for someone else... find the answer here

Dale