Send("{ESC}") not working as expected

ttleser

I've got an interface program, called Smartlaunch, running on my computers that replaces the normal windows shell. Smartlaunch allows users to sign in and only get a menu with specific applications that they can use (no windows desktop). At any time, if you hit the Escape button on the keyboard, a window will appear asking for a admin user id and pw. I can enter that id and pw and once I click ok it'll bypass Smartlaunch and replace it with the normal windows shell, basically giving you the normal windows desktop. There is a feature with the Smartlaunch adminstrator program (running on another computer) that allows you to launch remote applications and basically perform various functions on the client computers (turn on, turn off, restart, etc..).

I wrote a simple AutoIT script that'll bypass Smartlaunch when I tell the system to run the script up from my administrator program.

MouseMove(100, 100); wakes up the pc if in screensaver or hibernating.

Sleep(5000)

Send("{ESC}"); should bring up the admin window.

Sleep(2000)

Send("adminusername")

Sleep(1000)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(1000)

Send("adminpassword")

Sleep(1000)

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(2000)

MouseMove(583, 458); moves mouse to the "login as admin" button.

Sleep(1000)

MouseClick("left"); clicks the "login as admin" button.

Unfortunately the escape button isn't working as I expected. I can hit the ESC button on the keyboard and it'll bring up the bypass menu, but if I remotely run the app it doesn't. Now I know the rest of the app works, cause I can see the admin id and pw show up on the current window. For some reason the ESC isn't working. Does anyone have any other idea other than the typical Send("{ESC}")???

• Developers

.... but if I remotely run the app it doesn't. Now I know the rest of the app works, cause I can see the admin id and pw show up on the current window. For some reason the ESC isn't working. Does anyone have any other idea other than the typical Send("{ESC}")???

Can you explain what you mean by "remotely run" ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

There is a function of the administrator program running on my frontdesk computer that you can tell a remote computer to run an application. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but for example... In the Launch remote application feature you can setup a new program to run:

Name:Notepad

Command: notepad.exe

Switches: (blank)

Now, when I select notepad in Launch remote applications and then select computer 12 and say "launch", I can walk over to PC12 and see that notepad has run on it. Now, I can program in any application on my frontdesk computer's admin program using the path and program name and when I run it the remote computer will go out and run that program. The feature is very similiar to a program called PSTools, that allows you to launch programs on a remote computer using the command line, my Smartlaunch admin program just allows me to do the same thing graphically.

This may sound nuts, but I did this to fix a problem like this. Do this

Send("{ESC}") 
sleep(20)
Send("{ESC}") 
sleep(20)
Send("{ESC}") 
sleep(20)

For some reason that escapes me, this fixed my problem. It may also fix yours. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to try it. I had a issue with copying some text to the clipboard from a application, and this was the only way could get it to work.

Edited by Volly

what about trying this, i am not sure if it will work but its worth a try:

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

Func Terminate()

WinKill(" insert name of window")

Exit

EndFunc

Thats if your trying to close the window but im not sure if thats what you want to do, maybe something like this:

WinActivate("")

i dunno really, thats all i can think of lol

When you say remotely run, do u mean controlling it by another device i.e through bluetooth or something or no?

Can you WinActivate() or ShellExecute() the application you are trying to activate?

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Unfortunately the escape button isn't working as I expected. I can hit the ESC button on the keyboard and it'll bring up the bypass menu, but if I remotely run the app it doesn't. Now I know the rest of the app works, cause I can see the admin id and pw show up on the current window. For some reason the ESC isn't working. Does anyone have any other idea other than the typical Send("{ESC}")???

Did you try?

$text = Chr(27)

Send($text)

or just

Send(Chr(27))

or try

Send(+Chr(27))

Edited by 1905russell