WinWaitActive and Screen Saver

Hi All,

I have written a script that sits and waits (using WinWaitActive) for a certain window to popup. When the window pops up it closes it.

I am running on NT and Win2k and my problem is that if I have the screen locked via C-A-D - lock computer the winwaitactive does not return. As soon as I unlock the computer I see the popup and then it immediately gets killed by my utility. I have also tried to use WinWait instead - same result.

Any Ideas ? :ph34r:

... As soon as I unlock the computer I see the popup and then it immediately gets killed by my utility.

Isn't this what you said you designed your script to do? Wait for a window to exist and close it?

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Maybe he wants to kill the popup even before?

In that case we have to know how do you try to close the window.

Sending a keystroke may not work, but WinClose should.

Edited by ezzetabi

Sorry All - The problem was that I had 2 WinWaitActive calls. I had only changed one of them to WinWait. Once the screen lock was on the window was not deemed to be 'active' until I unlocked the screen.

Thanks for all replies ...