ClassName <> Class

Hi, I have been investigating a program using Window Spy, there are shown classnames and class'es....

Now I can nowhere in the controlclick and other control commands anything where I can point AI3 to some class, the helpfile only speaks about classnameNN , nowhere can I find classNN in the helpfile.

For example, I would like to fire up Ad Aware, and auto-click the "Check for updates now" link, but I can't seem to do that, anyone who has Ad-Aware too, been able to click "Check for updates now" using a ControlClick ? :ph34r:

The classname is the class of the window, and is only usefull if you set Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) to use classnames. If you want to use a Control* function (such as ControlSend or ControlClick) you need to look at the "Last Control Under Mouse" part of the spy window. It will usually say something like "Edit1", "Button2" or "ToolbarWindow322". That is what you use with the control functions.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• Developers

The "Check for updates now" in Ad Aware isn't a class but some sort of link. You wiill have to do a MouseClick to activate it....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The "Check for updates now" in Ad Aware isn't a class but some sort of link. You wiill have to do a MouseClick to activate it....

which shouldn't be sooo bad, as the "Check for updates" stays in the same place related to the window even if it's resized.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

"Check for updates now" is a link, but the globe with the glass in the upper right is a control, it's "TACimage15". You should be able to controlclick that. :ph34r:

Why not sending keystrokes? It's mostly more easy.

Starting Adaware, sending 8 TABS and then a SPACE.

arctor

control click will work on a minimized or (some) hidden window, send doesn't... 'course controlsend does, though who know which control you'd want to send those strokes to...