select systab

How would you select a specified tab in a windows box? The windows class is systabcontrol321. I know there is a listcontrol function, but I dont think that will help with tabs. I am trying to create a script that will automate the process of setting a user's screen resolution.

Thanks.

How would you select a specified tab in a windows box? The windows class is systabcontrol321. I know there is a listcontrol function, but I dont think that will help with tabs. I am trying to create a script that will automate the process of setting a user's screen resolution.

Thanks.

_GUICtrlTab* functions. See help file.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I looked in the online function documentation and there is no such function listed. Nor is it recognized by SciTE. Is it really a function? I dont mean any offense.

O.K. open the AutoIT help file on your computer (Start -> programs ... etc.). Select the "index" tab and type _GUICtrlTab. You should see 15 functions all starting with _GUICtrlTab.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• 3 months later...
Guest BinaryVision

O.K. open the AutoIT help file on your computer (Start -> programs ... etc.). Select the "index" tab and type _GUICtrlTab. You should see 15 functions all starting with _GUICtrlTab.

Cheers

Kurt

I have been having trouble with the SysTabControl321 as well. I have been attempting to use it in on various Windows XP control panel applets that separate property pages by tab. I have tried the _GUICtrlTab functions, even _GUICtrlTabGetCurSel, but the result returned is always 0. Has anyone had success with this? And if so, could please post a working snippet so maybe I can see what I'm doing wrong? Or is Microsoft using some custom controls for this?

Thanks!

• Moderators

I have been having trouble with the SysTabControl321 as well. I have been attempting to use it in on various Windows XP control panel applets that separate property pages by tab. I have tried the _GUICtrlTab functions, even _GUICtrlTabGetCurSel, but the result returned is always 0. Has anyone had success with this? And if so, could please post a working snippet so maybe I can see what I'm doing wrong? Or is Microsoft using some custom controls for this?

Thanks!

Look at ControlCommand() and the tab options it has.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.