IE.au3 and _IEDocWriteHTML in a loop

NELyon

I'm writing an HTML editor for my friend. He's a web designer, but he does his work at school computers where he doesen't have access to dreamweaver, so i made this little WYSIWYG editor for him. There's a problem though, it keeps on refreshing so if you have a large file, it will keep scrolling to the top of the page. Can anyone help with this?

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
$GUI = GUICreate("HTML Editor", 700, 700)
$Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0, 10, 700, 350)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 360, 700, 350)
_IENavigate($oIE, "http://codemyster.zapto.org/blank.html")
GUISetState()

While 1
    If $cmdline[0] <> 1 Then
        ExitLoop
    Else
        GUICtrlSetData($Edit, FileRead($cmdline[1]))
        ExitLoop
    EndIf

WEnd

While 1
    Sleep(10)

_IEDocWriteHTML($oIE, GUICtrlRead($Edit))
WEnd
Edited by D-Generation X

What do you want it to do?

Dale

p.s. your animated GIF avitar makes it very difficult for me to read your posts... I have an aversion to things that move on the screen and something that changes that quickly just grabs my eyes and won't let go...

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

So top is good?

$oIE.document.parentwindow.scroll(0,0)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I'm trying to keep it from scrolling back up to the top. I want it to stay in the same place when it refreshes.

Ah, ok then,

$iScrollTop = $oIE.document.body.scrollTop
$oIE.document.parentwindow.scroll(0,$iScrollTop)

Dale

p.s. you can find info on these properties in the MSDN docs in my sig

Ah, ok then,

$iScrollTop = $oIE.document.body.scrollTop
$oIE.document.parentwindow.scroll(0,$iScrollTop)
Sorry, I should have stated that those commands need to be split up... the first saves the current scroll position, the second should be executed after the refresh to set the scroll position back to the desired location.

Dale