I need a script to disable closeprocess

Try this

While 1
    If ProcessExists("taskmgr.exe") Then ProcessClose("taskmgr.exe")
WEnd
That will never work, for several reasons, one being if taskmgr is closed by another program, it assumes it crashed and starts itself up again.

Why do you need to disable Ctrl+Alt+Delete?

I smell a thread locking soon... ;)

Edited by Paulie

he just wants to disable the "End Task" button, not the whole task manager.

Although, that is equally, if not more, suspicious...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Hmmm, works real well for me on XP Pro SP2 and it does not restart on its own. Do you have XP Home?

I have XP pro, and another reason that it won't work, is I use Process Explorer instead of Windows Task Manager.

But for me, when i try it, it keeps rapidly opening and closing process manager which effectively lags my PC to hell

I don't understand why people are helping him write something obviously malicious. ;)

He wants to disable the "End task" button in Task manager, he want to disable the enter key (Which is a way to shut down a process from task manager)

Next he'll wanna know how to disable the delete key!

I don't think this issue should be supported here, we don't need to help little wanna-be Hackers write their malware and taint Autoit's reputation.

I think I'd be more willing to help the OP if he explained what exactly his need for disabling the functions of Ctrl+Alt+Del are.

I think its been covered MANY times before that there is really no positive reason.

This does essentially what you want on Windows 2000 and Windows XP

cut

Though I am not sure why you would want to do this.

no offense...but that was kinda dumb...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Now why would I be offended?? ;)

That was basic RTFM... it's all in the help file.

I thought you might be offended because I just said that what you posted was a dumb thing to do...

...and yes, but still, this is just suspicious...I mean disabling the End Task button? that could never be used for good. Except maybe in a very very very rare case, which I cannot think of an example...

I thought you might be offended because I just said that what you posted was a dumb thing to do...

...and yes, but still, this is just suspicious...I mean disabling the End Task button? that could never be used for good. Except maybe in a very very very rare case, which I cannot think of an example...

you can do this via group policy i believe... (removing access to task manager - WIN XP PRO only) i can think of no valid reason to do it on a home machine... ;)

...I don't understand why people are helping him write something obviously malicious. ;) ...

My interest was in your statement that TaskManager would restart itself if killed by another app. I have not seen this happen and wanted more info about it. Thanks for your feedback.

Rickbert's code only disables one button on the "Applications" tab, not the one on the "Process" tab. It does not disable right-click > End Task and it does not disable two other methods to kill a task via Task Manager.

...I think I'd be more willing to help the OP if he explained what exactly his need for disabling the functions of Ctrl+Alt+Del are...

Then a well crafted lie might drag the info out of you? ...a little social engineering? :-)

I'm not picking on you - you know where I stand on issues like this... later

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

One time, I wrote something similar to a friends who owns Internet Cafe.

Then you know Group policy is the solution and not the action of killing system processes with poor code?

;)

Yep... unless there is some reason why you wanted all of the functions of Task Manager except "End Task". I do not know how to do that.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

My interest was in your statement that TaskManager would restart itself if killed by another app. I have not seen this happen and wanted more info about it. Thanks for your feedback.

You could see it for yourself, just kill task manager with task manager, i think it restarts itself there too.

No problem.

Then a well crafted lie might drag the info out of you? ...a little social engineering? :-)

I'm not picking on you - you know where I stand on issues like this... later

There is NO WAY I'd give out the info to some randomly concocted story(i honestly don't know the truly best way to disable Task manager myself), It'd have to be a really good reason, and be proved to be true. Personally, i still can't think of a good reason, and i think that anyone who helps people write code like this should note that they are only ruining the language they've worked so hard to become proficient at.

The OP is obviously here for no good reason, so far, all that he has asked for help for is make a clock, and disabling things that are normally not meant to be disabled.

His posts

so I think he needs to either check his objectives in terms of scripting, or leave and go ask for malware somewhere else.

@Herewasplato

I know you weren't picking on me, i only quoted you to answer your question, didn't mean to sound hostile. ;)

Edited by Paulie

Once again ..... If you even think of designing code to do something bad....don't ask in the forum. In fact, don't do it at all. You may think it is funny, it doesn't hurt anyone, or whatever your reason. We do not care. It is a bad idea just to ask it. Larry, Valik, or some other mod, please lock the thread. I hate asking the mods to do this, but stuff like this should not be tolerated.