Needs some of your Creative Genius

Looking for some feedback from you wonderful people. I have gone through a few different ideas, but would like some of your opinions on how to accomplish this.

Goal:

Take the attached word list and hand select the combinations of word from column 1, in some sort of visual format. So lets say there are the words: knight, davion and dragon. I would like to see the list, then drag and drop it somewhere and then the script would arrange it for me in the order I dropped it.

Example:

So lets say there are the words: knight, davion and dragon. I drag and drop davion, then dragon then knight. The new display shows davion dragon knight.

Problem:

I have coder's block. I can't quite think of how this script should look or the most user-friendly approach. Any ideas? Btw, I am not even looking for anyone to code something, I am more interested in just the concept. But, if you would like to show the code for your concept, then please do.

Thanks, in Advance.

Hero_Word_Breakdown.zip

Edited by litlmike

Have you thought about copy and paste or something like that? Because I am not seeing a way that you can drag and drop. I just looked through the help file because I thought I remembered something there, but couldn't find any thing relevant.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Haha, yea I had the same experience with the Help File.

That may be my only resort (Cut/Paste), but I figured someone here was genius enough to figure out a Drag and Drop.

If Drag and Drop isn't possible, do you think there could be a nother way to do this, that would be easier that Cut/Paste?

I am trying to understand what you are trying to do with the xls? In Excel you can drag and drop cells or groups of cells to anywhere in the same or another worksheet. Are you trying to drag and drop from excel into a Gui?

Good question. I was thinking of having a GUI populated with the XLS data, then dragging/dropping into another field to create the new 'word'. Or unless someone else had a better idea. But it also seems like drag/drop may not be possible in AutoIt.

Where will you drag from? Is the application your dragging from able to provide the information for the target application?

Ex: You can drag informaqtion from Explorer to Notepad. (filename is opened in notepad). Can you drag information from the application with the words to notepad?

@Thatsgreat2345

Not a bad idea, I will take a look at that.

Where will you drag from? Is the application your dragging from able to provide the information for the target application?

Ex: You can drag informaqtion from Explorer to Notepad. (filename is opened in notepad). Can you drag information from the application with the words to notepad?

The data will come from AutoIt, in a GUI, etc. The data is being populated from an Excel file (attached in post). As far as I know, you cannot drag/drop in AutoIt-I hope I am wrong.

If I recall right some of the Treeview UDF' and samples use drag and drop in the treeview. So I think It is possible, you just have to register and monitor the right messages.